he is Michael Joseph jackson

Comments

• DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    I don't think anyone but close family can obtain a person's birth certificate.
  • techdivatechdiva Posts: 448
    I just heard Katherine say in the movie "The Jacksons: An American Dream" Michael Joe Jackson and she repeated it twice. I always thought it was Michael Joseph Jackson.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    I just heard Katherine say in the movie "The Jacksons: An American Dream" Michael Joe Jackson and she repeated it twice. I always thought it was Michael Joseph Jackson.

Remember though that was an actress and not Katherine herself.
  • Because it is a NICK NAME. His father's name is JOSEPH and they call him Joe! What difference does it make??? He was ALWAYS Michael Joseph Jackson since I was a child in the 1970's!!!! Lord Jesus!! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->

Not exactly a reply to this particular post, but I didn't want to quote that whole article. I wanted to say thank you for posting that article. I really love reading his interviews from back then. So many of the later years paint him so much a superstar that they forget he was a human being too.
  • Any thoughts? This questioned was posted on a law site and specifically mentions california law in terms of "legal names"

What is defined as one's legal name? 09/19/07 - Category: - Name Change - State:Alabama #8876
    Full Question:

What is defined as one's legal name? This is in regards to the Federal I.D. Act of 2005, renewing driver's license. The individual has been called by her middle name since birth while most legal documents are signed using her middle name, maiden family name and husband's family name. I was told by social security office that only the first name on a birth certificate is considered the legal name and the middle name is considered a "nickname"! If so, why have a middle name on birth certificate?

Answer; A legal name varies by state. Generally, the federal government recognizes the name change orders of each state. However, for purposes of the Real I.D. Act, the federal government has yet to issue a definition for legal name. It will likely do so, due to the variance among states for legal name requirements. For example, in California, a legal name may be acquired by usage, so that if a person uses their middle name since birth, that could be considered a legal name under California law.

See more Questions in the Name Change Category
    Ask A Lawyer Online!
    An attorney will answer your question - normally within 24 hours. Enter your question here... Customer Comments
    "Thank you very much for your response. You are worth your weight in Gold." Michigan User

"Thank you so very much for your quick reply. Your answer made me feel so much better. It's kinda nice too, to hear from you that I'm doing okay with this. I sure hope. This legal stuff is mind boggling (certainly not my forte). I've considered writing their corporate headquarters, but want to save that for last. I so appreciate your last line. I will certainly question them and request that information. Bet'cha they don't have any! Again, thank you for your advice. Maybe I'll get some sleep tonight! Bless you."
    Massachusetts User

<!-- m -->http://answers.uslegal.com/questions.php?q=8876<!-- m -->

And this : -

legal name
    (n)
    :a person's name that is usu. the name given at birth and recorded on the birth certificate but that may be a different name that is used by a person consistently and independently or that has been declared the person's name by a court If a person seeks to change a name by judicial process, the court may not deny the change absent any indication of a fraudulent purpose. In some states, a woman's legal name is presumed to include her husband's last name.

:the designation chosen by a business entity (as a corporation) and reported to the state (as in the articles of incorporation)
  • And this from another law firm regarding "legal names"

Do not want to bother changing my name. Can I just use different versions of my name or initials?

Yes. Generally, it is sufficient to describe a person by any known or acceptable abbreviation of her name, and that includes initials. All states consider a person’s name to be her first and last name, allowing the substitution of either the correct initials or full middle name.

Can I start signing documents with my nickname?Y

Yes, as long as your nickname is commonly derived from your first name. For example, if your first name is William, it is acceptable to sign Bill on your documents. Your nickname must clearly identify you or the court will require additional proof that you are the person represented by the nickname in the event of any misunderstanding as to identity. To avoid any such misunderstandings, it is better to sign any important legal documents with your full name.

Up until now I have always used my middle name. Can I just stop using it?

Yes. The law favors first names-middle names are not considered important. Additionally, if a middle name is omitted from your signature, it is of no consequence your signature is still valid.

<!-- m -->http://www.smartlegalforms.com/guide.asp?level=2&id=445<!-- m -->
  • MJhunnyMJhunny Posts: 239
    ok i have here pics of Mj's US passports, please look and note his middlename here is Joe

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fa ... ffdl05.htm<!-- m -->

i've taken the liberty to copy and paste what appears to be most important:

Birth Date and Legal Presence and True Full Name Requirements
    Why Is DMV So Careful About Identification?
    The issue of identification—its reliability, integrity, confidentiality, etc. —is of prime concern to all citizens. The eligibility for government services, the issuance of various licenses, the assessment of taxes, the right to vote, etc., are all determined through evaluations based on identification documents.

It is critical that identification documents and systems be authentic and accurate in order to positively and uniquely identify each individual. The California legislature has declared the California driver license (DL) and identification (ID) card as the primary identification documents in this state. California state law requires that all applicants for an original California DL/ID card submit proof of legal presence in the United States (U.S.) as authorized under federal law. Your true full name, as shown on your legal presence document and/or your name change document, will appear on your DL/ID card. These requirements help safeguard the accuracy and integrity of the documents issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

Identity Requirements For an Original DL/ID Card
    When you apply for an original California DL/ID card, you must present:

•An acceptable birth date/legal presence (BD/LP) document(s).
    •An acceptable true full name document if the name of your BD/LP document is different from the name on your DL/ID card application.
    •Your Social Security number (SSN). It will be verified with the Social Security Administration (SSA) while you are in the DMV office. You must also provide verification of your SSN to change an existing SSN on DMV’s date base

What is an Acceptable Document?
    An acceptable birth date/legal presence or name change document is one produced by an issuing authority such as a county, state, or federal agency. Documents issued by Vital Statistics offices will be a certified copy of the original (the original is always retained by the issuing authority) and will contain an impressed seal or an original stamped impression. Other issuing agencies may issue you original documents. After being presented at a DMV office, your document will be returned to you. Do not make a copy of your BD/LP document, DMV does not accept photocopies of documents for birth date/legal presence or true full name verification.

List of Acceptable Birth Date/Legal Presence Documents
    Present one of the following for a DL/ID card.

•US Birth Certificate or U. S. Passport

What is a True Full Name?
    Your true full name appears on your BD/LP document. If you change your name, then you must provide one of the following Name Change documents to verify your name change:

•Adoption documents that contain the legal name as a result of the adoption.
    •A name change document that contains the legal name both before and after the name change.
    •Marriage certificate.
    •Dissolution of marriage/domestic partnership document that contains the legal name as a result of the court action.
    •A certificate, declaration, or registration document verifying the formation of a domestic partnership

now a drivers liscense ,bear in mind it's an old one

• I agree with you 100% but as I have said before, unless we are able to obtain a copy of his birth certificate, I don't think this subject will ever be settled. Both sides have logical reasons for their beliefs but I really wish that there was a way that we could get a copy of his BC just for clarification. Unfortunately, I do not believe that is possible.
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    I agree true name Michael Joe Jackson joseph is a stage name.
  • Sorry, but I take the advice from actual lawyers and law firms that deal with these senarios in real life. They all must be pretty useless law firms to advise potential and existing clients of such erroneous information then. There are more than just these law firms that say this. Google it and see. But that's just my opinion. Even if a genuine birth certificate did surface with the name "Michael Joseph Jackson" it would be argued as being fake by those that oppose that as his name and vice-versa.

Unless the documents support whatever theory you believe "Michael Joe" or "Michael Joseph" it will just keep going around and around circles.
  • I agree true name Michael Joe Jackson joseph is a stage name.

You guys are not listening! Why would his name be Joseph on the WILL and on his children's birth certificates?? I posted the will. May I ask how old you are? I am not saying this to insult you but the only people that I find that get caught up on the Joe vs. Joseph thing did not grow up on the Jackson 5 or were not alive yet. Anyone who has been a die hard fan since the 70's always knew Michael as Michael Joseph Jackson. Whether it's Joe or Joseph is not going to change the OUTCOME.
  • July 01, 2009
    Last Will of Michael Joseph Jackson
    Transcript of Michael Jackon's last will and testament.

LAST WILL

OF

MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

I, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON, a resident of the State of California, declare this to be my last Will, and do hereby revoke all former wills and codicils made by me.

I

I declare that I am not married. My marriage to DEBROAH JEAN ROWE JACKSON has been dissolved. I have three children now living, PRINCE MICHAEL JACKSON, JR., PARIS MICHAEL KATHERINE JACKSON and PRINCE MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON, 11. I have no other children, living or deceased.

II

It is my intention by this Will to dispose of all property which I am entitled to dispose of by will. I specifically refrain from exercising all powers of appointment that I may possess at the time of my death.

III

I give my entire estate to the Trustee or Trustees then acting under that certain Amended and Restated Declaration of Trust executed on March 22, 2002 by me as Trustee and Trustor which is called the MICHAEL JACKSON FAMILY TRUST, giving effect to my amendments thereto made prior to my death. All such assets shall be held, managed and distributed as a part of said Trust according to its terms and not as a separate testamentary trust.

If for any reason this gift is not operative or is invalid, or if the aforesaid Trust fails or has been revoked, I give my residuary estate to the Trustee or Trustees named to act in the MICHAEL JACKSON FAMILY TRUST, as Amended and Restated on March 22, 2002, and I direct said Trustee or Trustees to divide, administer, hold and distribute the trust estate pursuant to the provisions of said Trust, as hereinabove referred to as such provisions now exist to the same extent and in the same manner as though that certain Amended and Restated Declaration of Trust, were herein set forth in full, but without giving effect to any subsequent amendments after the date of this Will. The Trustee, Trustees, or any successor Trustee named in such Trust Agreement shall serve without bond.

IV

I direct that all federal estate taxes and state inheritance or succession taxes payable upon or resulting from or by reason of my death (herein "Death Taxes") attributable to property which is part of the trust estate of the MICHAEL JACKSON FAMILY TRUST, including property which passes to said trust from my probate estate shall be paid by the Trustee of said trust in accordance of terms. Death Taxes attributable to property passing outside this Will, other than property constituting the trust estate of the trust mentioned in the preceding sentence, shall be charged against the taker of said property.

V

I appoint JOHN BRANCA, JOHN MCCLAIN and BARRY SIEGEL as co-Executors of this Will. In the event of any of their deaths, resignations, inability, failure or refusal to serve or continue to serve as co-Executor, the other shall serve and no replacement need be named. The co-Executors serving at any time after my death may name one or more replacements to serve in the event that none of the three named individuals is willing or able to serve at any time.

The term "my executors" as used in this Will shall include any duly acting personal representative or representatives of my estate. No individual acting as such need post a bond.

I hereby give my Executors, full power and authority at any time or times to sell, lease, mortgage, pledge, exchange or otherwise dispose of the property, whether real or personal comprising my estate, upon such terms as my Executor shall deem best, to continue any business enterprises, to purchase assets from my estate, to continue in force and pay insurance premiums on any insurance policy, including life insurance, owned by my estate, and for any of the foregoing purposes to make, execute and deliver any and all deeds, contracts, mortgages, bills of sale or other instruments necessary or desirable therefore. In addition, I give my Executors full power to invest and reinvest the estate funds and assets in any kind of property, real, personal or mixed, and every kind of investment, specifically including, but not by way of limitation, corporate obligations of every kind and stocks, preferred or common, and interests in investments trusts and share in investment companies, and any common trust fund administered by any corporate executor hereunder, which men of prudent discretion and intelligence acquire of their own account.

VI

Except as otherwise provided in this Will or in the Trust referred to in Article III hereof, I have intentionally omitted to provide for my heirs. I have intentionally omitted to provide for my former wife, DEBORAH JEAN ROWE JACKSON.

VII

If at the time of my death I own or have an interest in property located outside of the State of California requiring ancillary administration, I appoint my domiciliary Executors as ancillary Executors for such property. I give to said domiciliary Executors the following additional powers, rights and privileges to be exercised in their sole and absolute discretion with reference to such property: to cause such ancillary administration to be commenced, carried on and completed; to determine what assets, if any, are to be sold by the ancillary Executors; to pay directly or to advance funds from the California estate to the ancillary Executors for the payment of all claims, taxes, costs and administration expenses, including compensation of the ancillary Executors and attorneys’ fees incurred by reason of the ownership of such property and by such ancillary administration; and upon completion of such ancillary administration, I authorize and direct the ancillary Executors to distribute, transfer and deliver the residue of such property to the domiciliary Executors herein, to be distributed by them under the terms of this Will, it being my intention that my entire estate shall be administered as a unit and that my domiciliary Executors shall supervise and control, so far as permissible by local law, any ancillary administration proceedings deemed necessary in the settlement of my estate.

VIII

If any of my children are minors at the time of my death, I nominate my mother, KATHERINE JACKSON as guardian of the persons and estates of such minor children. If KATHERINE JACKSON fails to survive me, or is unable or unwilling to act as guardian, I nominate DIANA ROSS as guardian of the persons and estates of such minor children.

I subscribe my name to this Will this 7 day of July, 2002

Signed ‘Michael Joseph Jackson’

On the date written below, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON, declared to us, the undersigned, that the foregoing instrument consisting of five (5) pages, including the page singed by us as witnesses, was his Will and requested us to act as witnesses to it. He thereupon signed this Will in our presence, all of us being present at the same time. We now, at his request, in his presence and in the presence of each other, subscribe our names as witnesses.

Each of us is now more than eighteen (18) years of age and a competent witness and resides at the address set forth after his name.

Each of us is acquainted with MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON. At this time, he is over the age of eighteen (18) years and, to the best of our knowledge, he is of sound mind and is not acting under duress, menace, fraud, misrepresentation or undue influence.

We declare under penalty of purgery that the foregoing is true and correct.

Executed on July 7th, 2002 at 5:00 p.m., Los Angeles
  • the passport is a big evidence that his real name is "JOE" legally you cannot use aliases in documents such as passports, and you cannot obtain a passport without supporting documents such as birth certifate, driver's license and others.I found this somewhere, it still it says JOE, just don't know if if its legit
  • I have a different name on my passport that is not on my birth certificate. So explain that??? I have a different name on my drivers lisence. HOW old are you? Again, I ask this not to insult but if you were around in the 1970's you would know that he was always Michael Joseph jackson. This is stupid. A Motown employee card means nothing. I have put a different spelling of my middle name on my emplyee ID's as well. My drivers license and my State ID have 2 different names and my social security card is totally different than my drivers license. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Both names are VALID.
  • I have a different name on my passport that is not on my birth certificate. So explain that??? I have a different name on my drivers lisence. HOW old are you? Again, I ask this not to insult but if you were around in the 1970's you would know that he was always Michael Joseph jackson. This is stupid. A Motown employee card means nothing. I have put a different spelling of my middle name on my emplyee ID's as well. My drivers license and my State ID have 2 different names and my social security card is totally different than my drivers license. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Both names are VALID.

Well 1st of all, I'm 30. Old enough I guess, I am a lawyer by profession but I am not from the US. If that is the regulation in your country, that you can legally use many names, then there's nothing I can do about it. We are both here to investigate the hoax and I believe opinions are all welcome. To me he is Michael JOE and that is my opinion, respect that, as I respect yours. Thank You.
    I have a different name on my passport that is not on my birth certificate. So explain that??? I have a different name on my drivers lisence. HOW old are you? Again, I ask this not to insult but if you were around in the 1970's you would know that he was always Michael Joseph jackson. This is stupid. A Motown employee card means nothing. I have put a different spelling of my middle name on my emplyee ID's as well. My drivers license and my State ID have 2 different names and my social security card is totally different than my drivers license. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Both names are VALID.

Well 1st of all, I'm 30. Old enough I guess, I am a lawyer by profession but I am not from the US. If that is the regulation in your country, that you can legally use many names, then there's nothing I can do about it. We are both here to investigate the hoax and I believe opinions are all welcome. To me he is Michael JOE and that is my opinion, respect that, as I respect yours. Thank You.

I'm 38 years old and have also always thought his middle name to be Joseph , however with all that is going on since june 25th i sense that this issue could be of major importance and could very well change the outcome.

Both names are VALID.

The fact that you are not from the USA says a lot. And you would not recall Jackson 5 era materials in Right On Magazine, Ebony, Jet or Black Beat from the 1970's or early 80's. Now I understand your perspective. Thank you.

Both names are VALID.

I'm 38 years old and have also always thought his middle name to be Joseph , however with all that is going on since june 25th i sense that this issue could be of major importance and could very well change the outcome.

Thank YOU!!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Sadly, nothing is going to change the outcome, be it Joe or Joseph. Neither name should be a sign for anyone about anything. Alive or dead, MJ is never coming back. So Joe or Joseph will not bring him back or make him more or less alive.
    on the contrary, i believe it to be a possible loophole FOR an eventual comeback.
    As you have seen the DC where it say's Joseph is his middle name, you will also have seen that his social security nr is blacked out.As you may also have seen on TMZ they show you a letter from Harold Weitzman to Joe Jackson 's lawyer Brian Oxman. Joe and his lawyer had supoena'd UCLA for any medical documentation concerning Michael and thus Harold Weitzman sent a feisty letter to Oxman that showed he was particularly angry at the demands as they violate MJ's privacy ESPECIALLY the fact that they put MJ's social security nr on the papers for all to see.Well as you can check for yourself online on the social security death index it's there for EVERYONE to see, so why the big stink?
    Could it be that the ss nr on the index is not the same nr that was on the supoena? And on the death certificate? Did TMZ fabricate this letter from Weitzman to Oxman? I've seen a reply to an email from a forum member from Mr Weitzman , she asked him "how does TMZ get hold of all these documents, he answered that they must have got them from Mr Oxman or Mr Joe Jackson. He did not say they were fabricated so I believe them to be real. So if that is a possibility that there is something up with the ss nr then i believe it's also a possibility that there is something up with the middle name issue and i also believe that it COULD change the outcome.Now there are people here who don't believe MJ will come back so therefor it is logical that these people don't think the Joe/Joseph issue will make a difference which is fine IF that is what you believe, for those who do think it could make a difference in the outcome they are entitled to research this and debate on this without having their ages questioned for whatever reason. Let the people here decide for themselves what they want to spend their time on or not.
    Peace <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • using Joseph, specially in documents such as marriage contract,and now the death certificate is an old school legal escape goat, in any country. And Michael is a very wise man. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    exactly!
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282

The fact that you are not from the USA says a lot. And you would not recall Jackson 5 era materials in Right On Magazine, Ebony, Jet or Black Beat from the 1970's or early 80's. Now I understand your perspective. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but just because people didn't follow (or weren't born) in de J5 era means that they know less than you? I think EVERYONE knows him as JOSEPH, but who says that's his real name? Have you ever seen a birth certificate? And who says that the will and bc's from the children are real?

You're not allowed to use a deterioration (if JOE is one)when you're under oath in court...
  • Mark my words. He's NEVER COMING back. Joe vs. Joseph does not matter....