Harvey's Twitter Post about MJ's investigation

naomifurynaomifury Posts: 98
edited January 1970 in News
I just saw this on Twitter, but the link didn't lead to anything. Did it work for anyone else?

HarveyLevinTMZ: Investigation into Michael Jackson's death is complete: <!-- m -->http://su.pr/1IyLqB<!-- m -->

Comments

• Michael Jackson Death Investigation Complete
    Posted Jan 8th 2010 12:30AM by TMZ Staff

The LAPD investigation into Michael Jackson's death has been completed and the case will go the D.A. within weeks, law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... and, we're told, it's all but certain Dr. Conrad Murray will be criminally charged in MJ's death.

Our sources say detectives completed their investigation late last month and the case will be formally presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney as soon as scheduling allows. Turns out ... the presentation will draw quite the crowd. A number of members of the LAPD and the D.A.'s office will be present, and finding a date when everyone can show is a little tricky ... but we're told it will happen in a matter of weeks.

One very informed source says the LAPD investigation was "exhaustive" and "extremely thorough" and the D.A. has enough evidence to pull the trigger on a criminal case against Dr. Murray. That said, we're told the case is complicated, in part because Dr. Murray did not break any laws in administering Propofol to Jackson.

One law enforcement source connected with the case notes the D.A. has been actively working with the LAPD and it's all but certain the case will be filed. As for the charge -- a decision has not been made, but our sources say the likelihood is involuntary manslaughter, which requires a showing of gross negligence.

How can they say that Dr. Murray did not break any laws in administering Propofol when he was not licensed to administer anesthesia AND he administered it in a home based setting without the proper equipment? That sounds pretty illegal to me!
  • Exactly! That makes no sense to me at all. I thought it was clear that Murray was in the wrong, so how they think otherwise confuses me
  • <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    "Within weeks". Bah. And how many times have we heard this before?
  • Don't worry guys. Keep the faith! Murray has to be charged, everyone's questioning why isn't he get caught yet. So yeah they have do charged him to shut people questioning this question again. So even if he got charged - I think it's just simply for show. Don't worry. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • It's all but certain Dr. Conrad Murray will be criminally charged in MJ's death. There is a "but" there...and again I'd like to know who these sources are. They have proof but the case will be presented within weeks. How many weeks TMZ? same amount of weeks it took them to investigate? they'll come up with something soon...
  • mjlovebugmjlovebug Posts: 122
    <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> This is it! Michael will take us places that we never been. Keep the faith!
  • "Within weeks". Bah. And how many times have we heard this before?

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Completely agree... I will be concerned if there is a GJ indictment and a trial goes through, and there better not be any moving faces on pictures behind the judges head <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> !!!
  • "take us places we've never been before"....yeah, like the crazy house. I don't think I have EVER had this many ups/downs even while riding a roller coaster at an amusement park. One minute I'm happy, next I'm sad, next I'm gonna throw up and then back up to elated, and on & on & on.....
  • Did you see what it said "He did not commit any crime by giving Michael that drug <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • Ok I think I'm reading too much into this, and my language barrier is being a problem, today...Can someone tell me in simpler words what does the phrase "all but certain" mean? It sounds like a doubtful statement, right? or am I wrong? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    Agree with many of the comments said here! I will wait to see what happens first with Murray. MJ, I love you too much to throw in the towel. I am not going to give up the faith. I have to many unanswered questions about what happened to our beloved MJ. I will not rest until I understand what happened on June 25, 2009 to MJ. I just love him to much to give up on him. My gut tells me that there is something seriously wrong. I always trust my gut instinct! MJ, I love you more!
  • sry you guys....its already been posted a few mins before ....but did TMZ report this first??? <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=50&t=3085<!-- l -->
  • miss jmiss j Posts: 346
    i have nothing to say.
  • Ok I think I'm reading too much into this, and my language barrier is being a problem, today...Can someone tell me in simpler words what does the phrase "all but certain" mean? It sounds like a doubtful statement, right? or am I wrong? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

It means they are almost certain there will be a case against him...like a 90% chance...hope this helps. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

(lol, I better go to bed, my brain just left me!)
  • sry you guys....its already been posted a few mins before ....but did TMZ report this first??? <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=50&t=3085<!-- l -->

I've googled MJ news and still no reports on this besides on TMZ, so yeah, I guess theyre the first in reporting....
  • miss jmiss j Posts: 346
    Ok I think I'm reading too much into this, and my language barrier is being a problem, today...Can someone tell me in simpler words what does the phrase "all but certain" mean? It sounds like a doubtful statement, right? or am I wrong? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

it means like..umm.."possibilities". yes, i think you got it right.

It means their almost certain there will be a case against him...like a 90% chance...hope this helps. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

TY Lotus...This sounds like they're sources aren't that sure about what they're saying...hmm

I've googled MJ news and still no reports on this besides on TMZ, so yeah, I guess theyre the first in reporting....

tmz is the first again....go figure!
  • LLJLLJ Posts: 140
    Okay, I know there is a big debate going on regarding the validity of BOW.

But she said a lot will happen in Jan and also that Michael controls all news released?..
  • loveumj88loveumj88 Posts: 117
    "Within weeks". Bah. And how many times have we heard this before?

since he's "death" LOL.. Don't lose hope guys.. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • u guyz i am so terrified right now my heart just sank so bad so bad...i cant concentrate anymore...what if oh man what if...will michael truly allow Dr. Murray to go to prison just for Michaels sake..i really dont think so...and why did they say Dr. Murray didnt break any laws administring propofol...isnt it illegal to administer in the home...I AM LOSING HOPE!!! I just want to cry right now seriously you guys.. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> ...i find it strange how TMZ posted this at 12:30AM from TMZ staff...They were no doubt the first to report i mean 12:30 in the middle of the night!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mel31Mel31 Posts: 73
    I really like living in a parallel world every day, but when a new like this happens I hit a wall and hurt very badly! <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

I keep the faith but...aww!!i'm tired!

I think I'll go have a good cry and come back with the, hope and a smile later <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> There are now 4 threads started on this subject...where is the 'MERGE NOW' button <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> !!!