Michael sings live at Paul Anka's concert!!!!

Comments

• JennieJennie Posts: 514
    Most of us would be surprized to learn who else welcomed MJ into their lives and who MJ's admirers are. I was extremely respected in the music industry fellowship.

What do you mean "I was extremely respected in the music industry fellowship" <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    Yes, sorry, I dont understand either what you mean. Could you clear it up please?
  • Solid121Solid121 Posts: 292
    I don't think Paul went to court. Could be wrong on that though. I always wondered about this statement in the press. I never heard that come out of his mouth and always wondered if the press blew that up. Anyway........That song was licencsed through BMI and was a long time ago. It's on their site and was there before any of that hoopla happened. It clearly states PAUL AND MICHAEL AND THEIR RECORD COMPANIES. That's why I always wondered about Paul's statement that Michael stole the song. Plus,Michael doesn't use a pen without leaving a note that he took it. I thought I have found their duel copyright but can't seen to find it now..just Michael's. in his sole name. Really thought I have seen them both together as on BMI. 1984. Anyway, BMI comes with copyright automatically - unless the party requests otherwise. Just letting you know.

Just incase your intrested the Information about the copyright is as follows
    - The song was created in 1980 -

The first registration of the song was 1983-08-08, under the title I Never Heard - Words and music: Michael Joe Jackson & Paul Anka, Copyright Claimants: Mijac Music & Paulanne Music, Inc. (This was 1 page of lead sheet, not a recording)

However,

On 1984-11-16 Michael submitted copyright information for a sound cassette recording of a song entitled "This Is It" - also created in 1980, but with Words and music: Michael Jackson, Copyright Claimant: Mijca Music

Then,

On 1991-02-20 A New registration was filed, for a song entitled I Never Heard but this time with the creation date being 1990 (so this could and probably means they rewrote the song changing it's words and music by at least 64%). Words and music: Paul Anka & Michael Joe Jackson, Copyright Claimants: Paulanne Music, Chrysalis Songs, Mijac Music - (The basis of this claim was a change in words and music)

So there has only been one claim to a song entitled This Is It written by Michael Jackson and it is registered to one Michael Jackson, there was no new claim filed after Michael's recording in 1984 for this song under this title written by him as far as can be seen.
  • i actially prefer this version of it to the CD version <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

yeah same!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • karmaknowstruth wrote:Most of us would be surprized to learn who else welcomed MJ into their lives and who MJ's admirers are. I was extremely respected in the music industry fellowship.

Oh, terribly sorry I didn't proof read well enough. Meant to say He was extremely respected....

Also I had sent a not to Thethisisit1 youtuber requesting an opinion if MJ was singing live with Paul Anka during Paul's concert. This person did a backmasking of the song Tii and found a message MJ had put in while remixing the original song. I wanted to know if the paul anka concert version of MJ singing was prerecorded or live. Here's the link to hearing the Tii backmasking:
    Remember it was creepy?
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M98IdLKSGnc<!-- m -->

This is the reply from: Thethisisit1 youtuber

Re: need opinion w/new clues
    well i don"t know if mj was singing live,but its defo not the same singing here as we hear on the cd.as mj pronounces the words totally different and has added more uhhhs to the live one. So its not the recording of the cd being used thats for sure.
    and yeah maybe paul did use the old acapella but as far as im aware it was never recorded and mj changed the lyrics to use in o9 so im really not sure....but Paul sings the old version where mj sings the new,,so it does seem odd...my audiocity program is messing up but once it is ok i will backmask but i don"t think i will be able to tell if it was live but i will see..

The more opinions the better right?

xoxoxo
  • Forgot to mention I Paul Anka was a guest on "The View" awhile back and he said that MJ must have made off with the original tape after they recorded it. Paul had not even missed it until he heard MJ using it for the Tii show. Anka said he had no problem with it being used for Michael's Tii movie. There was no lawsuit action taken.
  • Wow, very lively performance!! I'm really missing that Mikeys voice..I swear! <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • Well I am not an expert but it seems to me it's different from the cd version. It might be acappella, it might be a different take, I don't know. I'm not saying it's Michael singing live, I'm just wondering how on earth Mr Anka could put his hands on a different take from the one Sony released.

The same what I thought about....
  • karmaknowstruth wrote:Most of us would be surprized to learn who else welcomed MJ into their lives and who MJ's admirers are. I was extremely respected in the music industry fellowship.

Oh, terribly sorry I didn't proof read well enough. Meant to say He was extremely respected....

Also I had sent a not to Thethisisit1 youtuber requesting an opinion if MJ was singing live with Paul Anka during Paul's concert. This person did a backmasking of the song Tii and found a message MJ had put in while remixing the original song. I wanted to know if the paul anka concert version of MJ singing was prerecorded or live. Here's the link to hearing the Tii backmasking:
    Remember it was creepy?
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M98IdLKSGnc<!-- m -->

This is the reply from: Thethisisit1 youtuber

Re: need opinion w/new clues
    well i don"t know if mj was singing live,but its defo not the same singing here as we hear on the cd.as mj pronounces the words totally different and has added more uhhhs to the live one. So its not the recording of the cd being used thats for sure.
    and yeah maybe paul did use the old acapella but as far as im aware it was never recorded and mj changed the lyrics to use in o9 so im really not sure....but Paul sings the old version where mj sings the new,,so it does seem odd...my audiocity program is messing up but once it is ok i will backmask but i don"t think i will be able to tell if it was live but i will see..

The more opinions the better right?

xoxoxo

Great Job!!!!
  • OK now this is weird 'cause I just reversed the song and the message is the same Paul's part is much slower so you can't understand what he says much but I think it's the same message and I think that it's not MJ singing live <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • MJsFan 4ever are you saying that the backmasked lyrics are these words? What are you saying?

beLIEve
    Don’t get mad for what he did
    He loves you more than what you think
    Understand and do beLIEve
    That he’ll comeback to us…you’ll see
    So stop those tears and realize
    That there’s no way he could’ve died
    He’s so alive…you know I’m right
    Don’t give up hope ‘cause he’ll be back
    An open mind is all you need
    He left some clues for us to see
    That those are lies…he is alive
    So hang on tight ‘cause you’ll be surprise…
  • MJsFan 4ever are you saying that the backmasked lyrics are these words? What are you saying?

beLIEve
    Don’t get mad for what he did
    He loves you more than what you think
    Understand and do beLIEve
    That he’ll comeback to us…you’ll see
    So stop those tears and realize
    That there’s no way he could’ve died
    He’s so alive…you know I’m right
    Don’t give up hope ‘cause he’ll be back
    An open mind is all you need
    He left some clues for us to see
    That those are lies…he is alive
    So hang on tight ‘cause you’ll be surprise…

NO that's my signature <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> but the Who's alive girl? and all the other stuff ThisIsIt1 said in her video it is the same <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Did somebody find out if it is live?
  • Huh... that was weird. I kep expecting Michael to walk on... he sounded so... there <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • LINK BELOW

Paul Anka performs "This Is It" and introduces Michael @ 3:10. But something was seriously off when Michael voice came on, IT SOUNDED LIVE! I thought they would use the track, cuz if Michael's supposetly dead that's the only thing they can use to have him sing that song! But it looks like Michael might have been there backstage singing the song live! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPayT81KZ24<!-- m -->
  • <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I dont believe it...it sounds so live...i must admit THIS IS IT is not 1 of my fave MJ sONGS I dont listen to it a lot but i could tell straight away that was different than the released version <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> What was that???
  • Wow!!! That sounded live!! And it seemed like right when Michael was getting into it Paul cut off his mic.. LOL
  • Sounds incredible, but doesnt sound live to me?

All i know is i miss him so much

[youtube:27gmese0]
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4971<!-- l -->
  • NathaliaNathalia Posts: 340
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> that really sounded live..
    I hope it was! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    WOW,,,HOW WAS THAT DONE THEN..??????AMSWERS ON A POSTCARD...LOL.....WAS IT MICHEAL ACAPELLA AND THEY JUST WORKED AROUND THAT ?????
  • :shock: that really sounded live..
    I hope it was! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

It sounds like the CD version to me... you know when the sounds dips in the middle because of the poor recording? You can hear it here...

breaks my heart... the audience wakes up at 3;10... you can hear the reaction in the audience to MJs voice. Its magical and like no other.

I miss him so much my heart breaks in two.
  • I noticed the one filming this starts moving the camera like searching for the singer, if you know what I mean!
    [youtube:2tu4jykz]
    [youtube:1y7s3h8n]