Michael sings live at Paul Anka's concert!!!!

Comments

• DiscoDisco Posts: 286
    [quIote="mjssoulmate"]Sounds like a much younger Michael to me.

I thought it was interesting that Paul kept the song in a drawer, and that Michael also kept it in a drawer, in his new residence. Seems weird to me. Why should he have kept this song at his new place to be conveniently found, just in time for the "documentary".

Seems planted to me.
    [/b

This song for me has always been a big clue, The first time I heard it I contacted it to the time Michael spent in Ireland, "I feel GRAND" is an irish thing, I travel alot & I have never heard it said anywhere else & when I say it people would ask what it meant........

Why Grand????????? Why not fine????
    I take it as a clue

Possibly because "I feel grand" rhymes with "here I stand". But you're right - I know quite a few Irish people and "grand" is a word I've heard them use ... e.g. "I had a GRAND time!"[/quote]

Thats just it Emerald, I dont think michael wrote songs to make them rhyme, "Grand" is not a word that you would put into that context, In my opinion Michael put it there for people to question it & discover it was a very irish thing to say.........just my thoughts on it <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    Sorry but I doubt very much that this is Live. Paul Anka is on tour, he sings this song every concert. It is very unlikely that Michael is touring with Anka. It does sound different to me than the CD version but there are two possible explanations for that. One, Paul Anka has his own version of the song (which has been stripped so the live music plays with it) or Michael recorded a different version of the song (when that would have been done is the question).

Paul Anka tour dates:
    http://www.paulanka.com/html/tourdates/index.php

more questions:
    who's to say that he's not using playback in other shows and it was just this one?
    i also think it is unlikely, that michael is on tour with paul anka, but he could do one show?
    and how come this particular performance ends up on youtube?
    is there even another recorded version of 'this is it' other than the one heard on cd, since michael also had all the tapes from that session? this one definitely is different regarding the intonation.

one of michael's main features: you can almost not tell a difference between him singing in the studio or live (listen to 'another part of me' from the album and then live - same energy). almost... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Ok first of all, I have been watching festival de viña since I was 5, so I can really tell when thats pre-recorded and playback, second.
    all is possible.
    and the TIAI redirect.

what you mean? you can tell live or not live by attending a festival regularly?
    you don't see mj, you just hear him, it's quite different from actually seeing someone sing.
    and of course you supposed to think 'playback' when you don't see the person, especially when he's supossed to be dead.
    i'm not saying it is live for sure but it is definitely different from the cd-version we all heard. i have a musical background myself (not watching, making it) and very good ears, i can tell even little differences and i'm usually right.
    and who could have the tapes if not michael, when paul anka said he didn't even remember the song anymore until now and all the tapes are allegedly 'gone'?

what gets me most is the fact that there is no 'may he rest in peace', 'god bless his soul' or anything. it's an announcement.

but you're right: anything is possible. it's michael jackson. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • julietjuliet Posts: 491
    Double posts on this topic. I just posted these thoughts in the other topic:

Now here's what I think. When Paul Anka was singing TII, he said the word UNDERSTAND many times before Michael starts to sing. For me , that word is very important. At the end, Paul Anka could have said "This is in memory of my good friend, Michael Jackson. May he rest in peace" or something if Michael is really dead. But instead Paul said Michael Jackson and he pointed obliquely upward.

Now about the singing of Michael, I too believe it was him singing because his voice is his voice now not the one when he was young. Very different rendition.

I just wish I saw the concert of Paul Anka.
    I sure miss Michael more now than ever.
    Its not live, its the same as the CD version with the music stripped... you can hear the sound dip like it does in the CD from the poor recording and MJ sounds like a young MJ... not 50 yr old Michael.

Exactly. I was gonna say that it definitely sounded more like the 20-something year old Michael.
    His voice sounded different, if not better, when he got older. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

erm...did anyone really hear him sing live in full voice lately? except for the tii-dvd, which was very probably re-edited soundwise, means we don't hear direct stage sound. and michael kept saying 'i'm saving my voice' several times through tii.

the only indication of 'younger/older' mike is the sound quality of the recording, which can only be improved so much, since the source were tapes, not digital recordings. whenever you see live footage, his voice doesn't really change that much over the years.

i think his voice didn't really change that much since he was 20something, not significantly. we could hear him hit the same high notes in tii like 20 years ago sometimes. as far as i remember his last public singing was in 2006. who's to say what his voice sounds like live on stage today, without digital remastering etc.?
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Man that dude Anka almost made me fall asleep watching that clip. He sings it kind of boring not to be mean. It got way better when MJ's voice came in. He does kinda sound live though.
  • julietjuliet Posts: 491
    There is another topic on this which was started on Feb.6
    Man that dude Anka almost made me fall asleep watching that clip. He sings it kind of boring not to be mean. It got way better when MJ's voice came in. He does kinda sound live though.

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> i felt the same. like: oh no, he's not gonna destroy his own song and play it like this to end...? it was waaayyy to dramatic. luckily, mj came in and saved the song... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • YOU GUYS SHOULD BR DEFINETLY BE CHECKIN THE SECOND VIDEO ON THE THREAD (THE BLUE ONE NOT THE GREEN ONE), THAT SOUND DEFINETLY LIVE!!
  • I ceratily dont wanna dampen all your celebrations, but think about it from a more rational point of view.Michael Jackson is executing a hoax right now.....At least thats what all the evidence points to......So why would he risk coming out into the open without sufficient guarantee of the preservation of his hard earned secrecy?

According to you all then, Paul Anka is lso in on the hoax??!! SHAMONE GUYS

How can a man be singing backstage LIVE without attracting a considerable amount of attention? Wh ywould Michael Jackson even attempt to do that? Even if he were in disgiuse, wouldnt it get the people around suspicious that why is a man they have never seen before singin' in MJ's voice? Because everyone knows how Mj sings......

And for God's sake, how many people does MJ have to include in his scheme? We know that all the peopel who were involved in the This Is It project are part of this.....KO, Randy Philips, All the Dancers, The This Is It Band of Musicians.....all of them.....
    MJ is not a madman.....Being a part of Paul Anka's show means that all the backstage technicians and crew will come to know of it by word of mouth......This is bound to happen.....

Lets remember that a song is very rarely recorded at one go....there are sevevral takes....several versions.....several mistakes.....So Paul could be using a different version altogether...Speciallly because This Is It was an unreleased song till October....And with MJ "gone" and most people not liking that song, no one in the audience is gonna care that much..Maybe he was just taking advantage of this phsycology of the crowd....I mean, lets accept it, This Is It really wasnt well received by critics and fans alike..No disrspect intenedd there....But THIS certainly doesnt apply for the Will Yu Be There sung at the Memorial......The Pain vs. Pains thing is very clear to all......

Lets not get paranoid and turn every little thing it into a clue....'Coz everything is not a clue.....No offense.
    Once again, why not??, let me tell you that viña del mar in first place has a lot of secret paths, so it is easy for a person , anyone, to hide without even being noticed, I never said he was just backstage!!, also, if you notice, the director starts to try to find who is singing, that happens NEVER in festival de viña.
    The Paul Anka being part of it just sounds more credible that some other theories of people bein part.
    An the sue and copyright stuff sounds planned, so sony wouldnt get the rights for this song, if so, we couldnt be witnesing this!!
  • cmon guys, when i heard michael singing at the beggining.. I thought it wasnt live.. but.. in the min 3:33 he says.. And it seems as though I've seen your face a thousand times.. instead of..'' And it feels as though I've seen your face a thousand times'' !!!!!!!
  • There were3 posts about this topic. I merged them all into one.

Guys, PLLLEEEEEEASE look to see if a topic has been posted before you post another one. Its very annoying to have to merge/delete threads when this happens. It saves us alot of work...and also please try and post in the correct catagory!!

THANKS! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    To me it sounds different to the CD, I get sad when I hear the voice ... Michael <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • Its Michael Jackson,he's just not singing live,its prerecorded.
  • marchimarchi Posts: 16
    I think its impossible he performs live... he'd have to be in every place where Paul Anka goes!!! so i think its a pre-recorded version of the song...that's all... <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> I live in Chile and I didn't see Michael in any place around here when Paul Anka was singing TII!!! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    I mean, why would he risk it and make all these "cameo" appearances everywhere?
    There's really no point in it; in my opinion.
    <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • when recording a song. you take numerous takes. im sure this is something from way back.
  • marchimarchi Posts: 16
    my[KING]"]when recording a song. you take numerous takes. im sure this is something from way back.

I'm agree!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    I mean, why would he risk it and make all these "cameo" appearances everywhere?
    There's really no point in it; in my opinion.
    <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

well, maybe it's the only way to find out if he's getting noticed by his real fans and supporters. if this is a hoax, don't you thoink he would have forums like this one checked, to see if there are reactions to his clues and how they come out? he's recruiting his army of l.o.v.e. now, and the more 'soldiers' on his team, the better. this would be the only way to check if this is working. and i guess the decision whether to reveal the hoax or not will depend on how it would be percieved. he has to make sure that there will be as little hostility as possible, if he ever decides to show up again, he needs as much support as possible from his fans, so he's telling them: i'm still here, you just have to look hard enough.

if i were to create a hoax these days, this would be my way to find out how much support i have and where it is. people who are convinced that mj is really dead wouldn't be in a forum like this and they would not even see the clues. they believe the ambulance pic, the tape, the autopsy report without even looking at it. looks real enough...the clues can only be seen by those who kow what mj is really about, cuz they can make the connection.

counting recruits... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • I think its impossible he performs live... he'd have to be in every place where Paul Anka goes!!! so i think its a pre-recorded version of the song...that's all... <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> I live in Chile and I didn't see Michael in any place around here when Paul Anka was singing TII!!! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    ...so that means LAS VEGAS mainly.
  • Wasn't Paul Anka saying that this song was "stolen" from him? Didn't he go to court to get royalities on this song? I doubt this song was part of his set list before. Interesting..... <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> He was just here in concert - sorry I missed it.

Actually, PA made an agreement with the estate for royalties. See here for details:

<!-- m -->http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2009/1 ... laims.html<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162367 ... hael.jhtml<!-- m -->
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    :o <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> OMG OMG OMG That is different from cd guys <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> wow <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

YEP! it is totally different from the CD-Version!!! And I couldn't remember of Michael ever singin TII live...I compared the CD version and this and the whole thing sounds different...It doesn't even sound like an "A capella version"...wow, weird, I had goosebumps
  • the "viña del mar" festival is the one that sounds more lively to me, by the way, after listening a lot of this is it, the cd version, he doesnt sound like 20something MJ, as many critics of this are saying about this performance.
  • For me it sounds like he is singing it live his voice sounds more mature but like some of you said it probibly a acapella version <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • I have to say if you compare the two videos I don't think anymore that it is live... he stops at the same time etc. etc. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • JennieJennie Posts: 514
    Hey correct me if im wrong but after listening to the song i heard MJ say - and it seems as though i've seen your face.... but on all the other versions of the song ive always heard him say - and it feels as though ive seen your face..... so there are two different words there but if im wrong someone let me know <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

I noticed that too and I listen to the cd(both versions) very regularly.