Michael sings live at Paul Anka's concert!!!!

Comments

• my[KING]"]
    Sounds like a much younger Michael Jackson to me <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

I AGREE. THIS IS PROBABLY RECORDINGS FROM PAULS STASH FROM A LONG LONG TIME AGO.
    oohh! cmon , I think u are disrispecting mike's talent to use different voices even when singing. still not a good point to me that it sound younger, by the way, you say younger but
    not necesarily NOT ALIVE. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Sorry but I doubt very much that this is Live. Paul Anka is on tour, he sings this song every concert. It is very unlikely that Michael is touring with Anka. It does sound different to me than the CD version but there are two possible explanations for that. One, Paul Anka has his own version of the song (which has been stripped so the live music plays with it) or Michael recorded a different version of the song (when that would have been done is the question).

Paul Anka tour dates:
    http://www.paulanka.com/html/tourdates/index.php
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    Sorry but I doubt very much that this is Live. Paul Anka is on tour, he sings this song every concert. It is very unlikely that Michael is touring with Anka. It does sound different to me than the CD version but there are two possible explanations for that. One, Paul Anka has his own version of the song (which has been stripped so the live music plays with it) or Michael recorded a different version of the song (when that would have been done is the question).

Paul Anka tour dates:

more questions:
    who's to say that he's not using playback in other shows and it was just this one?
    i also think it is unlikely, that michael is on tour with paul anka, but he could do one show?
    and how come this particular performance ends up on youtube?
    is there even another recorded version of 'this is it' other than the one heard on cd, since michael also had all the tapes from that session? this one definitely is different regarding the intonation.

one of michael's main features: you can almost not tell a difference between him singing in the studio or live (listen to 'another part of me' from the album and then live - same energy). almost... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • The reason why Mj sounds different or live is because of the auditorium that makes echos.
    It's not live.
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    The reason why Mj sounds different or live is because of the auditorium that makes echos.
    It's not live.

again: where does this recording come from then? there are differences in the singing.
  • of course i am not saying he is not alive im saying that in my opinion this is taped from probably 20 years ago or whenever they originally wrote the song. again it is JUST MY OPINION.
  • besides the fact of the background music, the CD version sounds like a very young Michael which he was when it was recorded with Paul. However, this version is the older Michaels voice..or am I loco ? smiley3368.gif
  • Sorry but I doubt very much that this is Live. Paul Anka is on tour, he sings this song every concert. It is very unlikely that Michael is touring with Anka. It does sound different to me than the CD version but there are two possible explanations for that. One, Paul Anka has his own version of the song (which has been stripped so the live music plays with it) or Michael recorded a different version of the song (when that would have been done is the question).

Paul Anka tour dates:

more questions:
    who's to say that he's not using playback in other shows and it was just this one?
    i also think it is unlikely, that michael is on tour with paul anka, but he could do one show?
    is there even another recorded version of 'this is it' other than the one heard on cd, since michael also had all the tapes from that session? this one definitely is different regarding the intonation.

one of michael's main features: you can almost not tell a difference between him singing in the studio or live (listen to 'another part of me' from the album and then live - same energy). almost... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    Ok first of all, I have been watching festival de viña since I was 5, so I can really tell when thats pre-recorded and playback, second.
    all is possible.
    and the TIAI redirect.

Paul Anka tour dates:

more questions:

I have a similar video on my youtube channel from an earlier performance of this song by Anka and many viewers said that one was live too. It sounds the same as the video included in the original post in this thread.

Michael may not have all the tapes, Paul Anka may have had one. There is no way to know for sure.
    The version Anka is using may also have been recorded after June 25th but it is very unlikely that this is Michael performing Live in my opinion.

I am not going to argue, believe what you like. Just stating my opinion on whether it was live or not.
  • Sounds like a much younger Michael to me.

I thought it was interesting that Paul kept the song in a drawer, and that Michael also kept it in a drawer, in his new residence. Seems weird to me. Why should he have kept this song at his new place to be conveniently found, just in time for the "documentary".

Seems planted to me.

Paul Anka tour dates:

more questions:

I have a similar video on my youtube channel from an earlier performance of this song by Anka and many viewers said that one was live too. It sounds the same as the video included in the original post in this thread.

Michael may not have all the tapes, Paul Anka may have had one. There is no way to know for sure.
    The version Anka is using may also have been recorded after June 25th but it is very unlikely that this is Michael performing Live in my opinion.

I am not going to argue, believe what you like. Just stating my opinion on whether it was live or not.
    u have a point there, ANYWAYS, it not only did sound live, but it felt like live.
    you understand. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    L.O.V.E.
  • Sounds like a much younger Michael to me.

I thought it was interesting that Paul kept the song in a drawer, and that Michael also kept it in a drawer, in his new residence. Seems weird to me. Why should he have kept this song at his new place to be conveniently found, just in time for the "documentary".

Seems planted to me.
    THE MUCH younger MJ is very interestin since he could indeed sing with different tones, one of them being like 20 years ago.
    And the Paul Anka and MJ story about this is it, it just sound not real, we are assuming it is the truth, but, part could be but not all, or just not true at all. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    L.O.V.E.
  • miss jmiss j Posts: 346
    it sounded live, and like he was having a great time singing it. did it come from a demo or something?
  • I ceratily dont wanna dampen all your celebrations, but think about it from a more rational point of view.Michael Jackson is executing a hoax right now.....At least thats what all the evidence points to......So why would he risk coming out into the open without sufficient guarantee of the preservation of his hard earned secrecy?

According to you all then, Paul Anka is lso in on the hoax??!! SHAMONE GUYS

How can a man be singing backstage LIVE without attracting a considerable amount of attention? Wh ywould Michael Jackson even attempt to do that? Even if he were in disgiuse, wouldnt it get the people around suspicious that why is a man they have never seen before singin' in MJ's voice? Because everyone knows how Mj sings......

And for God's sake, how many people does MJ have to include in his scheme? We know that all the peopel who were involved in the This Is It project are part of this.....KO, Randy Philips, All the Dancers, The This Is It Band of Musicians.....all of them.....
    MJ is not a madman.....Being a part of Paul Anka's show means that all the backstage technicians and crew will come to know of it by word of mouth......This is bound to happen.....

Lets remember that a song is very rarely recorded at one go....there are sevevral takes....several versions.....several mistakes.....So Paul could be using a different version altogether...Speciallly because This Is It was an unreleased song till October....And with MJ "gone" and most people not liking that song, no one in the audience is gonna care that much..Maybe he was just taking advantage of this phsycology of the crowd....I mean, lets accept it, This Is It really wasnt well received by critics and fans alike..No disrspect intenedd there....But THIS certainly doesnt apply for the Will Yu Be There sung at the Memorial......The Pain vs. Pains thing is very clear to all......

Lets not get paranoid and turn every little thing it into a clue....'Coz everything is not a clue.....No offense.
  • It would seem strange that Paul Anka would sing this song after supposedly "sued" Michael for this song rights and get paid. And then perform it with Michael in it. Like, hey, I sued over this song but now I am going to perform it with the guy I sued. Why wouldn't he just sing it himself live in his live show? Just strange... but then what isn't?
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    not only does this sound live to me..but notice that Paul Anka looks up and around before he says Michaels name. This is totally live!
    @doreentbird, oh yes, it is totally live. When I get to 3:10 and heard Michael's voice, I thought I was going to be sick. I mean physically sick because it is live to me. His voice here sounds so different from the two tracks on TII. This is the third time that this has happened:

1. Grammys Earth Song
    2. Olympics The New We Are The World
    3. Paul Anka This Is It performance

If this keeps happening I am going to go crazy. I miss you so much MJ. I do not know what to do with myself. The pain is unbearable at times like this <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> . MJ, if you are out there, please send us your fans a sign that you are okay. I love you more than words can express, MJ. You are sewn into my heart and you are apart of my DNA, MJ. No one in the world will ever stop me from loving you or make me give up on finding out what happened to you on June 25th, 2009. MJ, I love it for L.O.V.E!
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    I found Paul Anka's hand jester or sign that he makes at 3:09 more than very interesting! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> It is like he is signaling to someone backstage! I believe that someone is MJ! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • deedee75deedee75 Posts: 192
    <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • It's definitely different, but I think it's most likely just an earlier demo of the song...
  • miss jmiss j Posts: 346
    I found Paul Anka's hand jester or sign that he makes at 3:09 more than very interesting! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> It is like he is signaling to someone backstage! I believe that someone is MJ! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

i saw that too, then he announced..
  • Eva REva R Posts: 1,217
    it DEF sounds live. but his voice sounds so young you know. In 2009 for example or if you listen the album invincible you hear a bit lower voice cuz he is older now <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> But yeah it def sounds very live!
  • DiscoDisco Posts: 286
    [quIote="mjssoulmate"]Sounds like a much younger Michael to me.

Seems planted to me.[/quote]
    [/b

This song for me has always been a big clue, The first time I heard it I contacted it to the time Michael spent in Ireland, "I feel GRAND" is an irish thing, I travel alot & I have never heard it said anywhere else & when I say it people would ask what it meant........

Why Grand????????? Why not fine????
    I take it as a clue
  • [quIote="mjssoulmate"]Sounds like a much younger Michael to me.

Seems planted to me.
    [/b

This song for me has always been a big clue, The first time I heard it I contacted it to the time Michael spent in Ireland, "I feel GRAND" is an irish thing, I travel alot & I have never heard it said anywhere else & when I say it people would ask what it meant........

Why Grand????????? Why not fine????
    I take it as a clue
    [/quote]

Possibly because "I feel grand" rhymes with "here I stand". But you're right - I know quite a few Irish people and "grand" is a word I've heard them use ... e.g. "I had a GRAND time!"
  • julietjuliet Posts: 491
    DANCINGTHEDREAM, thank you for the YTvid.

Now here's what I think. When Paul Anka was singing TII, he said the word UNDERSTAND many times before Michael starts to sing. For me , that word is very important. At the end, Paul Anka could have said "This is in memory of my good friend, Michael Jackson. May he rest in peace" or something if Michael is really dead. But instead Paul said Michael Jackson and he pointed obliquely upward.

Now about the singing of Michael, I too believe it was him singing because his voice is his voice now not the one when he was young. Very different rendition.

I just wish I saw the concert of Paul Anka.
    I sure miss Michael more now than ever.

CHRISGURL, thank you for opening this topic and thanks for sharing the YT link.
  • LINK BELOW

Paul Anka performs "This Is It" and introduces Michael @ 3:10. But something was seriously off when Michael voice came on, IT SOUNDED LIVE! I thought they would use the track, cuz if Michael's supposetly dead that's the only thing they can use to have him sing that song! But it looks like Michael might have been there backstage singing the song live! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPayT81KZ24<!-- m -->

Already posted at

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4971<!-- l -->