MJ can change height!!

Comments

• I believe Michael had doubles but there are no doubles in the pictures that have been posted on this thread. Many have already stated the reasons to why I believe that so i won't repeat. I do not believe one can tell someone's height from a picture especially not pictures that don't even show the whole body. The way Michael looked at that event (30th anniversary) is also the way he looked during a CD signing and a TRL interview and I highly doubt that was a double. He looks different because he seems to be on some kind of medication. Those pics make me very sad because the sparkle in his beautiful eyes is not there, it's just blank <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> .

Btw I doubt Lenny wear stilettos same thing applies for Michael, however Lenny does tend to wear cowboy boots a lot which can make you at least 1 inch taller. Only male artist I've seen wear stilettos is Prince (hot <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ).

Also he is a lot heavier and fuller in the face.

Which pictures in particular are you refereing to/comparing? Just wondering since there are quite a few that have been posted already.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    I believe Michael had doubles but there are no doubles in the pictures that have been posted on this thread. Many have already stated the reasons to why I believe that so i won't repeat. I do not believe one can tell someone's height from a picture especially not pictures that don't even show the whole body. The way Michael looked at that event (30th anniversary) is also the way he looked during a CD signing and a TRL interview and I highly doubt that was a double. He looks different because he seems to be on some kind of medication. Those pics make me very sad because the sparkle in his beautiful eyes is not there, it's just blank <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> .

Btw I doubt Lenny wear stilettos same thing applies for Michael, however Lenny does tend to wear cowboy boots a lot which can make you at least 1 inch taller. Only male artist I've seen wear stilettos is Prince (hot <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ).

Which pictures in particular are you refereing to/comparing? Just wondering since there are quite a few that have been posted already.

30th anniversary pics and the Sony demonstration (in the blue shirt)
  • I believe Michael had doubles but there are no doubles in the pictures that have been posted on this thread. Many have already stated the reasons to why I believe that so i won't repeat. I do not believe one can tell someone's height from a picture especially not pictures that don't even show the whole body. The way Michael looked at that event (30th anniversary) is also the way he looked during a CD signing and a TRL interview and I highly doubt that was a double. He looks different because he seems to be on some kind of medication. Those pics make me very sad because the sparkle in his beautiful eyes is not there, it's just blank <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> .

30th anniversary pics and the Sony demonstration (in the blue shirt)

Oh, ok. Well, since I can't tell when he's supposed to look heavier (anniversary event or promoting album) I assume the difference isn't that significant to me at least. If he looks heavier in the blue shirt it might be because he was and then for the shows he'd have to rehearse/dance alot which would make him loose some weight. Most of us have also heard that Michael would even forget to eat when focused. I also believe it was easy for Michael to loose weight fast which we could see last year. If he looked heavier during the anniversary event it might have been becasue of his adorned jackets. Bloating can also make you look fuller and that could be caused by his medication or even lack of sleep. I think most of us have experienced that.
  • Slash is actually 5'7'' tall and MJ 5'9''
    Michael has no double at all.
  • mjkatemjkate Posts: 276
    I'm sorry I don't have the articles but I believe that I just googled them when I went looking for info on Mj's height in the past. I'll try to find them for you a bit later but....I read that Deborah Landis made his costume for Thriller and said that he is definitely 5'9'' and then when MJ was being measured for the costumes for This is it, the guy said he was 5'9'' again. I also checked his height with Janet on Joe Jackson day when he and Janet were walking along beside each other. Neither had heels and he was really close to her height give or take so there is no way that mj was taller than 5'9'' unless there was a double for Joe Jackson day... <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    Since we are on the subject of height, I have always been curious about Mjs actual height. I've heard that it could have been anywhere from 5'8 - 5'11. It's not uncommon for male celebrities to exagerate their height and add a few inches. LOL...regular men do it all of the time too. Could it be that MJ was claiming to be one height but in reality he was a few inches shorter?
  • The double discussions will be a never ending story since one and the same photo will be perceived by different eyes as looking differently. It is not only the different eyes, it's also what our brains make from what information the eyes are transporting - binding the picture information into this or that context and interpreting it in this and added context. So not only the "what" we see is different but also the "how" we see and "how" we interprete the seen.

However, not only looking at height but also at face specifics like jaw bones and angles of jaw bones, we have been presented many many faces with the name MJ being connected to them. I am not talking about Navi, Rigley, E'Cas and other known names. You may see it yourself in the pictures of this thread. There are at least two different persons, I would say three or four.

At the times when the pictures were published, we were not digging into the possibility of having been presented "fake" MJ's as the real one. We are doing it now because we were even asked to explore the man we never knew. We might however find truths that we don't like at first sight.

There is more to dig out, not only height-wise. This does not mean judging the man.

So well written! I enjoy so much reading you!

asiatique.gif
  • ZenZen Posts: 341
    Jane%2BFonda%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1

See if this link works. Scroll down and it seem like Michael gets shorter!
    Bill Clinton and Mike-Bill is 6'1" or 6"2, but I met Bill Clinton and he seems no taller than 6'1".
    George Bush and Mike-George is 6'.
    Nancy Reagan and Mike. Nancy is 5'4' and most probably wearing heals!
    Quincy Jones and Mike. Quincy is 5' 6". Not sure on this, I only used one reference.
  • michael face shape with usher and lenny different no? i may be completley wrong he luks awesome by the way in the white <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • jm1lvmjjm1lvmj Posts: 81
    I am just stating my opinion. This is a great thread because it opens up the idea(maybe again) that throughout the years all these official photos of MJ may not be so official after all. The Memorial and Burial photos were probably used exclusively by the family for more that one reason. MJ loves Illusions. Think about it. Oh wow, I am watching HISTORY happening at this very moment. For good or ill, the HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL is being signed. Some people my not like it, but at least action is being taken after decades. Peace and harmony. One Love.
  • JacksonologyJacksonology Posts: 1,548
    I am just stating my opinion. This is a great thread because it opens up the idea(maybe again) that throughout the years all these official photos of MJ may not be so official after all. The Memorial and Burial photos were probably used exclusively by the family for more that one reason. MJ loves Illusions. Think about it. Oh wow, I am watching HISTORY happening at this very moment. For good or ill, the HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL is being signed. Some people my not like it, but at least action is being taken after decades. Peace and harmony. One Love.
    HIS STORY In The Making <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • mjjglorymjjglory Posts: 58
    By the way ,it's a fact that people are taller and lighter in the morning and shorter and heavier in the evening.So it can be an optical illusion as well because of this.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    By the way ,it's a fact that people are taller and lighter in the morning and shorter and heavier in the evening.So it can be an optical illusion as well because of this.
    <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• By the way ,it's a fact that people are taller and lighter in the morning and shorter and heavier in the evening.So it can be an optical illusion as well because of this.

Aaaaahhhh...now I know why my pants are always too short in the morning, and why I trip over them just before I go to bed! <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
  • By the way ,it's a fact that people are taller and lighter in the morning and shorter and heavier in the evening.So it can be an optical illusion as well because of this.
    Whaaaaaaaaat? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Slash is actually 5'7'' tall and MJ 5'9''
    Michael has no double at all.

In that case you might wanna read today's post from TMZ:

Sandra Bullock's IMDb Profile Says 'Separated'
    Posted Mar 23rd 2010 6:00PM by TMZ Staff

IMDb -- the Internet movie database -- now has Sandra Bullock's marital status listed as "separated" but Sandra's rep says they never authorized the change.

0323_imdb_ex_03.jpg

An IMDb employee tells TMZ, in order to change the marital status on someone's profile, the change must be approved internally by IMDb.

We do not know who submitted the change.

Bullock's rep says, "This was never authorized by anyone related to her."

BTW, on Jesse James' IMDb page, his marital status is unchanged.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/23/sandra-bu ... z0j33EBTqv<!-- m -->

So I guess IMDB should be a quite credible source...

<!-- m -->http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0805298/bio<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• mjjveritasmjjveritas Posts: 902
    On the height issue people are taller/longer when they are asleep. The spine stretches and lengthens. But I suppose we are talking about MJ when he is awake and upright. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • On the height issue people are taller/longer when they are asleep. The spine stretches and lengthens. But I suppose we are talking about MJ when he is awake and upright. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

That sounds acceptable, as while being asleep gravity does not affect the cartilage discs in between your vertebrae, so these will have a chance to decompress and cause a small change in your length. Due to gravity your spinal column will start naturally compressing from the moment you get up, so that length difference will disappear shorty. The difference in length will however not be two full inches.
  • I dunno if anyone replied to my post...
    When they book you they don't make you take off your shoes...MJ was wearing 2 inch side zipped boots that day...this is why he was 5 feet 11 inches at booking and 5 feet 9 inches on the table...I don't think he was wearing his side zipped 2 inch heels on the autopsy table... If you don't believe the autopsy, then you have to believe the info regarding his appearance in it is true and released by MJ...so, he is 5' 9"
  • mjj29081958mjj29081958 Posts: 451
    Whaaaaaaaaat? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Please, don't roll your eyes so fast, but learn something. Although I don't think that's the reason here, believe it or not it's a medical fact.
    It has to do with the normal dehydration that suffers the inter-vertebral discs in your spine through the day. Interesting huh?.
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082

Please, don't roll your eyes so fast, but learn something. Although I don't think that's the reason here, believe it or not it's a medical fact.
    It has to do with the normal dehydration that suffers the inter-vertebral discs in your spine through the day. Interesting huh?.

yes, that's really interesting, I never knew that.
    Thanks for that Info <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

yes, that's really interesting, I never knew that.
    Thanks for that Info <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

It does not result in a full 2 inches length difference.
  • I have to agree with Mo and Souza on this, no way anthing can convince me that that O2 guy is MJ!
    I have absolutely no idea why he didn't do his own press conference but he must have had his reasons. This will be the last time I discuss O2 guy, my eyes don't lie, media does! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    So topic closed for me!
  • jeje Posts: 128
    this video is from 1977....
    Muhammad Ali is 6'3 inches tall

Michael Jackson and Muhammad Ali 2

[youtube:3ev7m0kc]