Volcano in Iceland

edited January 1970 in News
Britain cut off from the world: NO flights in or out of UK as ash from Icelandic volcano leaves thousands stranded

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0lAasg33M<!-- m -->

They are closing airports everywhere, here in Holland as well. I'm not scared or anything but this is getting very close! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> The Ash cloud is coming over the UK, Denmark, Norway, Scandanavia, Holland, Germany and a bit of France. Hope everyone stays safe and okay.

Comments

• rasyterasyte Posts: 484
    oh I hope so too... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • LavdHimLavdHim Posts: 352
    <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    so many disaster ..
  • :cry: <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    so many disaster ..

Yes, this is really starting to bother me. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • when i heard this, this morning i thought of the hoax

the skies are clear and blue
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    yes its a big cloud.... and i'm sorrry for the people in iceland.... but i'm a bit happy for myself as i will have a few quiet days at work (I work at the airport).
    But I really feel with everyone who is affected in a negative way from this event.
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    Is there anyone here that are being affected by the cloud? Is everyone ok?
  • The cloud hasn't arrived yet in Holland but I wonder how people are doing in the UK especially because the cloud is there already. The people of Iceland are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    HArd to say here in sweden... we had sunshine and blue sky this morning.. now its all cloudy... but maybe it was going to be cludy anyway.
    almost all airtraffic is canceled, all will be canceled later tonight.
    LAst time that same Volcano erupted it lasted for one year. Hope that wont be the case this time...
  • No plane either from Spanish airports to Iceland, UK and Norway...
  • It's good to see a chemtrail free sky for once though.

Although this is what's going to happen if we have worse case senario:
    "It is very variable how long these eruptions last. Anywhere from a few days to over a year," said Magnus Tumi Gudmundsson, a professor of geophysics and civil protection adviser in Iceland.

"Judging from the intensity of this one, it could last a long time," he added.
    <!-- m -->http://www.news.com.au/world/iceland-vo ... 5854273572<!-- m -->
  • Wow... this can be huge... let´s see.
    Maybe some more of the Earth changing... for good and bad... This time is it...
  • kel70kel70 Posts: 182
    Is there anyone here that are being affected by the cloud? Is everyone ok?

i live in uk, blue skies and sunny at moment, will see if it arrives later <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • No one finds all these earthquakes and volcanoes a little bit odd? Next there will be a hurricane in Africa.
  • EmEm Posts: 77
    I just watched the movie "2012" for the first time last night. Makes you wonder...
    We can pray and believe for the best. There is much POWER in believing!
  • I hope that activity dies down sometime. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> How scary! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    There is nothing so strange to me about it. Iceland is an island born by volcanos and tectonic activity. Many islands are alike.
    We do have mild earthquakes here every once in a while and it does not bother me at all. I would be scared of tornados though - I think it is just what you are not familiar with that scares you somehow.
  • I just read that there is glass in the ash cloud and is not safe for our health but they are ofcourse not reporting this on the news or the media because we are not suppose to know. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • As it happened in 911 ground zero...
    The can even actually declare it to be safe when it´s not...
  • moyrummoyrum Posts: 78
    I dont understant all this, what is goin on? Today was actualy a very nice day in UK, it was bright and the sun came out too in the afternoon then it went a lil dark but the day was still nice. So far evrything is fine in UK hope everyone else stays safe x x x
  • Britain cut off from the world: NO flights in or out of UK as ash from Icelandic volcano leaves thousands stranded

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0lAasg33M<!-- m -->

They are closing airports everywhere, here in Holland as well. I'm not scared or anything but this is getting very close! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> The Ash cloud is coming over the UK, Denmark, Norway, Scandanavia, Holland, Germany and a bit of France. Hope everyone stays safe and okay.

We're also cut off here in Ireland, all flights are cancelled.
  • stephsteph Posts: 177
    I dont understant all this, what is goin on? Today was actualy a very nice day in UK, it was bright and the sun came out too in the afternoon then it went a lil dark but the day was still nice. So far evrything is fine in UK hope everyone else stays safe x x x
    I live in the uk also, the sun has been out this evening.I took my dogs for a walk down the canal.The dust cloud must be high up.
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    Here in Normandy there is no this phenomenon yet. I live most in the country, not on the Normandie's coast.
    But the air traffic is interrupted from 11pm local time to 10am local time.
  • LSKLSK Posts: 97
    its not too bad in the UK at the minute, some of the news reports are saying some of the ash has fallen on the shetland islands but airspace is closed until 1pm tomorrow. Apparently how long this goes on for really depends how long the volcano keeps letting out ash. Strangely its been a really lovely day here.
  • so its nothing to do with the hoax?
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> I don't think so !
    I don't think MJ would be able to create a volcano and close airports <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->