Volcano in Iceland

Comments

• airiesladyairieslady Posts: 384
    It was just explained on CNN that the lava ash is a fine glass which is being dispersed along the jet stream taking it all over the place. The thing is... if a plane gets this in its engine it will melt inside the engine and then stop completely and fall out of the sky. The airports could be closed for quite some time b/c it is too dangerous for the jet engines. They also said that you cannot see these particles and is dangerous to breathe. I work at Disney hotel in Orlando and many of our guests are stranded here. Geez, this is terrible! Hope everyone over there will be careful with the air... is deceptive, b/c you will not see the fine airborne particles. Just be careful everyone!
  • WendyEWendyE Posts: 105
    I know that to much is happening and it's all happening very quickly. I have seen many things in my life time but I know with all the quakes, volcano's and changes in the political arena we are in trouble.

My thoughts and prayer's are with all of those that are effected by this volcano. Please stay safe and know that other are here thinking of you and holding you in their hearts.
    Love WendyE
  • There is nothing so strange to me about it. Iceland is an island born by volcanos and tectonic activity. Many islands are alike.
    We do have mild earthquakes here every once in a while and it does not bother me at all. I would be scared of tornados though - I think it is just what you are not familiar with that scares you somehow.
    Wow! You have mild earthquakes sometimes? <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • And they have cancelled 17.000 more flights also! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • KimKim Posts: 245
    Could the Mayans still be right? That the world really perishes in 2012 if we do not something about it? Think about it ... all these natural disasters, climate change and the ozone layer is affected by all external influences (by us). And to get that good again, we must work together. Not a few people ... but all the people of the world.

Planet Earth, my home, my place
    A capricious anomaly in the sea of space
    Planet Earth are you just
    Floating by, a cloud of dust
    A minor globe, about to bust
    A piece of metal bound to rust
    A speck of matter in a mindless void
    A lonely spacship, a large asteroid

Cold as a rock without a hue
    Held together with a bit of glue
    Something tells me this isn't true
    You are my swweetheart soft and blue
    Do you care, have you a part
    In the deepest emotions of my own heart
    Tender with breezes caressing and whole
    Alive with music, haunting my soul.

In my veins I've felt the mystery
    Of corridors of time, books of hisotry
    Life songs of ages throbbing in my blood
    Have danced the rhythm of the tide and flood
    Your misty clouds, your electric storm
    Were turbulent tempests in my own form
    I've licked the salt, the bitter, the sweet
    Of every encounter, of passion, of heat
    Your riotous color, your fragrance, your taste
    Have thrilled my senses beyond all haste
    In your beauty, I've known the how
    Of timeless bliss, this moment of now

Planet Earth are you just
    Floating by, a cloud of dust
    A minor globe, about to bust
    A piece of metal bound to rust
    A speck of matter in a mindless void
    A lonely spacship, a large asteroid
    Cold as a rock without a hue
    Held together with a bit of glue
    Something tells me this isn't true
    You are my swweetheart gentle and blue
    Do you care, have you a part
    In the deepest emotions of my own heart
    Tender with breezes caressing and whole
    Alive with music, haunting my soul.
    Planet Earth, gentle and blue
    With all my heart, I love you

We have to make the world a better place
  • I do believe that HAARP is behind things but I'm also believing that if the magnetic field is getting weaker there will appear more and more earthquakes and volcano eruptions and all kinds of disasters. I was watching Project Camelot and there was a Belgium man and he was speaking about 2012 and the Mayan calendar. He said that when the magnetic field weakens en is gone and there is something with the sun spot that means the magnetic field and then the polar shift will happen and there will be a world wide some sort of 9/11, buildings and houses will collaps within one minute and volcano's will burst out at the same time and also there will be 2000 km high water waves and almost no one will survive except if they go higher than 2000 km. But I don't believe everything he says but I think he's right about the magnetic field though. But I also think that HAARP is stimulating stuff like this. This man that predicts this has made many predictions and all came true, if he's right then I hope he's wrong this time.

Still I also think that there will be a mass conciousness or mass awakening. And I think it has alot to do with energies, our energies.
  • I´m with you MJLover1990... it´s all of that.
    Things are complex...

I don´t think Mayans talk about the end of the world... that´s propaganda... they talk about inflexion.
  • The cloud hasn't arrived yet in Holland but I wonder how people are doing in the UK especially because the cloud is there already. The people of Iceland are in my thoughts and prayers.

Im in the UK nothing to see here at the moment sky is a bit cloudy but the sun is out, its very quiet no airtraffic, Im in East Anglia within Stanstead Airport holding stack area so its very very quiet. Kinda odd no sound.

There was quite a strange sunset last night but otherwise we are ok at the moment. I feel for the people of Iceland I think this might carry on for a while.

<!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282
    Closing the airspace isn't that bad for me and the people in my environment, because we are living next to the NAVO base in Germany.
    So we are freed from the trouble that AWACS planes cost for a few days <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • It is not really possible to see this cloud cause it is allready naturally cloudy. Actually, we do not suffer anything right now here in Germany except the passengers at all the closed airports. Also, I am actually wondering how long this is going to take, the volcano is still active,so are more clouds to follow or not and will the existing cloud stick together or will it spread in different directions? Plus, what about difficult-to-spot-particals in the air? How are aircrafts dealing with those? This is not in our hands right now!
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    The Mayan Calendar does NOT speak of end of times and end of world.
    Don't believe all the desaster agendas - it is SOOO chic these times to think in black colours only.
    These negative folks do have an agenda. Think about it.
    The Mayan Calendar does speak of a new era to begin. Read about it.

And yes, we do have mild earthquakes (around 4 on the Richter scale) where I live and it feels like being in a boat on sea and I am not scared at all of them.
  • I believe that too what you said Grace, that the Mayan tells about a new beginning instead of the end of the world. That is what they want us to believe.
  • Im in the UK,, im looking forward to sunset as i think it will be beautiful tonight. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Bright and sunny day.. and very quiet for me as my house is under the flight path for a major airport and its been so peaceful!! :=)

It is strange and bizarre that no flights in or out of the country at all.. although they have said a few are getting in to Scotland and Northern ireland as the ash is being blown away from that area.
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    I don't think if there is any link but I live next to an airforce base. And the night before this volcano I heard some military planes flight, and nothing this last weeks.
    Maybe they want to flight before the airspace is closed by the volcano <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Im in the UK,, im looking forward to sunset as i think it will be beautiful tonight. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Bright and sunny day.. and very quiet for me as my house is under the flight path for a major airport and its been so peaceful!! :=)

It is strange and bizarre that no flights in or out of the country at all.. although they have said a few are getting in to Scotland and Northern ireland as the ash is being blown away from that area.

Enjoy the silence! I know what it feels like. Silence is a gift.

The tunnel train & logistics companies will profit enormeously from the quiet air - cleaning the bad news and decreased turnover during winter freezes <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Also think how great this is for the environment.. all those grounded flights means far less carbon emissions! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • smilessmiles Posts: 129
    well so far only aprox. 800 ppl have had to leave their home on Iceland.
    not so many ppl are living close to the area where the volcano is.

the reason the airways have been shut down is that the ash can destroy the engine of the airplane.

the cloud is heigh in the air and you cant really see it that well from the ground. however we did see some "brownish" clouds yesteday. but it is clearly visible on satelite pictures from NASA.

nobody has been hurt on iceland and accouding to the ppl that know about volcanos on iceland it is not a bad one.. yet. but if the "next door" volcano Katla is going off as a responce to this one. that would really be bad. because those two are somehow connected.
  • Also think how great this is for the environment.. all those grounded flights means far less carbon emissions! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Absolutely and it's so silent, it's amazing! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    In France there are 23 airports closed and a lot of flights have been cancelled. They say that this situation has only been known once and that it was during the 9/11 attacks.
    They say that this cloud is dangerous for airplanes engines cause it contains rocky glass particles, but apparently for a human body this is not dangerous, not yet at least.
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    i hope everyone is okay!! i'm thinking of you all!!! sending love from california
    In France there are 23 airports closed and a lot of flights have been cancelled. They say that this situation has only been known once and that it was during the 9/11 attacks.
    They say that this cloud is dangerous for airplanes engines cause it contains rocky glass particles, but apparently for a human body this is not dangerous, not yet at least.

Ou alors ils disent comme à l'époque du " le nuage s'est arrêté à la frontière"...
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265

Ou alors ils disent comme à l'époque du " le nuage s'est arrêté à la frontière"...

Oui exactement <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> ils nous prennent vraiment pour des imbéciles <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> .
  • serendipityserendipity Posts: 143
    I'm currently in Geneva and the Swiss airspace has been closed since yesterday. I have to fly next week to Singapore via Frankfurt for a business meeting, but I'm not so sure if the flight will push through..Hmm, anyways, I guess I just have to see what will happen next...no one knows, except God, how that volcano will behave in the coming days...Oh yeah, the other day, I went to a mall and saw a cool MJ-inspired handbag! LOL! It's so nice! Haha! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

au moins il n'y aura pas de grève des pilotes... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    I'm currently in Geneva and the Swiss airspace has been closed since yesterday. I have to fly next week to Singapore via Frankfurt for a business meeting, but I'm not so sure if the flight will push through..Hmm, anyways, I guess I just have to see what will happen next...no one knows, except God, how that volcano will behave in the coming days...Oh yeah, the other day, I went to a mall and saw a cool MJ-inspired handbag! LOL! It's so nice! Haha! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Great ! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->