@thisisalmostit

Comments

• GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Every Pied Piper needs to be watched.
    There is not one that has not brought bad times.
    Those who are calling: "follow me, follow me" are the worst.

Only those who are not fishing for compliments and followers are those to be considered to listen to.
    Only those.
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    @Grace
    Nice post number. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    What believe? Believe is like love, is the all that counts. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • RJRJ Posts: 17
    look what I got when I googled the last tweet :

"There are little invisible elves who constantly build and maintain our universe from the stars to the crickets and they control everything that occurs. So, if you wake up at 4 a.m. every Tuesday and worship the elves, they will make things go your way; if not, you are assured less than good luck. You lose nothing from believing this except a good night's sleep on Tuesdays. However, if they are real, and you don't worship, your life is guaranteed to be worse off. Now I ask you, are you going to worship elves every Tuesday morning?" -- Thomas Anderson

what do you think it might mean ?
  • DelphiDelphi Posts: 213

"There are little invisible elves who constantly build and maintain our universe from the stars to the crickets and they control everything that occurs. So, if you wake up at 4 a.m. every Tuesday and worship the elves, they will make things go your way; if not, you are assured less than good luck. You lose nothing from believing this except a good night's sleep on Tuesdays. However, if they are real, and you don't worship, your life is guaranteed to be worse off. Now I ask you, are you going to worship elves every Tuesday morning?" -- Thomas Anderson

A moment of your time in exchange for good fortune...?
    It kind of reminds me of whether or not people believe that taking the time to drop a coin into a fountain or well will bring them good fortune or their wishes granted. It's the same principle. Hmmm. Good find.
  • rag dollrag doll Posts: 357
    Every Pied Piper needs to be watched.
    There is not one that has not brought bad times.
    Those who are calling: "follow me, follow me" are the worst.

Only those who are not fishing for compliments and followers are those to be considered to listen to.
    Only those.

That´s a universal truth. A little bit of healthy skepticism is principally not a bad thing at all.
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    this was my answer re: belief:

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager<!-- m -->

it basically says that you are free to believe what you want. it's your choice and wager says that it makes life easier when you actually have something to believe in. this may also indicate that you are free to believe who 'thisisalmostit' is. i don't know how others tweet back but there may be a few asking questions by now as of who this tweeter may be.

apart from that, i go with grace here. don't fall for anything, keep an open eye and a sharp mind.

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • You lose nothing from believing

To me it doesn't sound like "kind words" it could mean : you can believe it if you want, knowing that if it's not true, you won't lose a lot. Just mean "ok I believe, just in case something happens"

I disagree with this...I mean, even though I can accept that some people believe he is dead, and send them love to cope with it, I believe he is alive, and if you don't believe it from the bottom of your heart, it's no use believing.

I mean, believing like "if I'm wrong, I lose nothing" is useless to me. It just means you're not really convinced, but you want to play on both sides.
    I choosed to believe Michael is alive. I did this choice, and i engaged myself in it. I stop crying for his death, and I believe he is somewhere alive. If I'm wrong, I won't lose "nothing"...I would lose Michael.

We don't lose nothing from believing. We take a risk, engaging our hearts.

i disagree with that, but I cannot tell in 140 on twitter, so I put it here !
    You lose nothing from believing

To me it doesn't sound like "kind words" it could mean : you can believe it if you want, knowing that if it's not true, you won't lose a lot. Just mean "ok I believe, just in case something happens"

I disagree with this...I mean, even though I can accept that some people believe he is dead, and send them love to cope with it, I believe he is alive, and if you don't believe it from the bottom of your heart, it's no use believing.

I mean, believing like "if I'm wrong, I lose nothing" is useless to me. It just means you're not really convinced, but you want to play on both sides.
    I choosed to believe Michael is alive. I did this choice, and i engaged myself in it. I stop crying for his death, and I believe he is somewhere alive. If I'm wrong, I won't lose "nothing"...I would lose Michael.

We don't lose nothing from believing. We take a risk, engaging our hearts.

i disagree with that, but I cannot tell in 140 on twitter, so I put it here !

i think it is rather meant for the current situation. however the outcome, right now it's your belief keeping you up. wager makes the parallel to believing in god. although there is no physical evidence that god exists, the choice to believe in god will make your life easier cuz we all have that in us, that we want to believe that there is something like fate, a higher energy, god, whatever...and you turn to your belief for strength and uplifting.

taking mike's example: if you think he's dead, that's your belief right now. if you think he's alive, then that's your belief. as of now, there is no 'living proof' for either one. once the hoax comes down, you'll know and then you don't need the belief anymore, cuz you have a proof.

i'm always amazed how complex a one-liner can be...

• MissGMissG Posts: 7,403

That´s crazy.

We all know that one should do it on Wednesdays <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

*taking a dog cookie to reward myself*
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    "Everyone back to their free padded " <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> yeeep, I go back now. I´ll get out next Tuesday at 4, c ya <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I believe Michael is one of the little elves controlling everything that goes on with this hoax. He is in the underthreads of today's reality tapestry. I loved this tweet because I was just thinking to myself how I should get on with my life, and stop beating a dead horse (it's been so quiet). I'll continue believing, having "patience" and looking for "Treasure" because he's "STILL ALIVE" <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    The green elve was the green man in we are the world remake...
  • this was my answer re: belief:

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager<!-- m -->

it basically says that you are free to believe what you want. it's your choice and wager says that it makes life easier when you actually have something to believe in. this may also indicate that you are free to believe who 'thisisalmostit' is. i don't know how others tweet back but there may be a few asking questions by now as of who this tweeter may be.

apart from that, i go with grace here. don't fall for anything, keep an open eye and a sharp mind.

@tabloidburn and everyone else: you can see what other ppl are tweeting by putting "@..." in the "Search" column on the right, blue column of your twitter home page, underneath where it says "Retweets". I just discovered this function! So for Almost, you would type in @thisisalmostit and then hit the spy glass thingy.
  • youngatheartyoungatheart Posts: 261
    latest tweet

Last time I checked, you were sleeping
  • jenwren20jenwren20 Posts: 282
    more Prince lyrics.....

From a song called, "dreamer" This is getting boring.... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    more Prince lyrics.....

From a song called, "dreamer" This is getting boring.... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

Amen. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    What's up with this person?
    Huge Prince/MJ fan or what?
    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • latest tweet

Last time I checked, you were sleeping
    This fairly recent Prince interview is interesting and he speaks about why he was compelled him to write Dreamer:
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGUqXRXPts<!-- m -->
    here is the latest tweet

Standard Oil New York
    Standard Oil New York=

SONY.

<!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
    That's what I think too.

Connect the Dots:

Standard
    Oil
    New
    York
    not sony, rockefeller!

the building of standard oil was in new york.

<!-- m -->http://www.reformation.org/rockefeller.html<!-- m -->

by all means, check out the links!!!

like this one, entitled 'murder by injection' <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

<!-- m -->http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/emullins.htm<!-- m -->

those are long reads, but well worth it.

remember this hoax is also about exposing the new world order, right? and who's still a leading member of the bilderberg group that recently had a meeting? rockefeller. and as truthseeker just mentioned to me on twitter, there will always be a rockefeller running things. that sh!t is more than scary!

*back to cell, i'mma need my 'bad'n'straightjacket tonite*

Whoa. Thanks, Tabby! I'm going to need a cup of tea for these articles. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> It's all starting to connect, either way; Sony? Rockefeller? At the same time? Hmh...
    for anyone who still needs a stylish straightjacket, scroll down and place your orders...

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9246&start=500<!-- l -->

This discussion has been closed.