@thisisalmostit

Comments

• rag dollrag doll Posts: 357
    I really enjoy the discussions in this thread, you´re able to tell these biblical stories so lively. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494
    Re: You Got a Friend:

Interesting bit of info. Carole King wrote and performed this song on her "Tapestry" album (1971).

"Tapestry, the second solo album of her career, which is reissued here in a 2-CD Legacy edition with an extra ‘live’ disc, featured the hit singles “It’s Too Late” (a US Number 1) and “So Far Away”, besides famous tunes like “I Feel The Earth Move”, “You’ve Got A Friend” (a US chart-topper for James Taylor) and “Smackwater Jack”. Constant airplay for these tracks helped Tapestry to become a bestseller, then an über-phenomenon with unprecedented market reach. Instantly established as a landmark in the singer-songwriter genre, and still an enduring favourite in many record collections today, it has sold an estimated 25 million copies, and was the top-selling solo album in history until Michael Jackson’s Thriller overtook it" (<!-- m -->http://www.uncut.co.uk/music/carole_king/reviews/11943<!-- m -->).

Hey, thanks for this info on Carole King's "Tapestry"....I hadn't realized that it was displaced by "Thriller" as the top-selling solo album in history....yet reading that, I'm not surprised...."Tapestry", like "Thiller" was a watershed album for Carole King in the mid-70's...a career-making LP....a collection of songs so utterly perfect that they defined the artist for all time...."Tapestry", more than any other album, was absolutely, without question, the soundtrack of my high school experience back in the mid-70's...then along came college and "Off the Wall" took over, along with the BeeGee's and "Saturday Night Fever"....my college years were The Disco Years...."Thriller" came on the heels of all that, but "Tapestry" was a key component of my teen years...."You've Got a Friend" is one of the greatest songs ever written and it warms my heart so to hear Young Michael's version of it....in fact, it is such an epic song, it DESERVES to have more than one version of it recorded...but I would have loved to have heard Mike sing this song as an adult, wouldn't you?
  • MichelleMichelle Posts: 325
    This last tweet about the song really touched me, thanks Thisisalmostit, whoever you are....
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    another new one

<!-- m -->http://tinyurl.com/2atxy7h<!-- m -->

Oooooohhhhhhh, that was sweet from Thisisalmostit.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    This last tweet about the song really touched me, thanks Thisisalmostit, whoever you are....

Me too.
  • I really enjoy the discussions in this thread, you´re able to tell these biblical stories so lively. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Welcome to the 2010 Chuuuuuurch! lol

It is awesome though that it can be discussed in an artsy and creative, interpretive way.

Makes learning it easier.

Peace
  • youngatheartyoungatheart Posts: 261
    Hey Guys, another new tweet

<!-- m -->http://tinyurl.com/372e66s<!-- m -->
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    thankyou that is really food for thought
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    This Elvis I live <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> .............. and michael also <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I am a bit suspicious that the man or woman "Peter Pan" behind "thisisalmostit" is TS or anyone here forum ... What do you think? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    the latest

thisisalmostit If you're thinking of my brother it does matter if he's black or white
  • Psalm 94 (Amplified Bible)
    Psalm 94

1 O LORD God, You to Whom vengeance belongs, O God, You to Whom vengeance belongs, shine forth!

2 Rise up, O Judge of the earth; render to the proud a fit compensation!

3 Lord, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph and exult?

4 They pour out arrogant words, speaking hard things; all the evildoers boast loftily.

5 They crush Your people, O Lord, and afflict Your heritage.

6 They slay the widow and the transient stranger and murder the unprotected orphan.

7 Yet they say, The Lord does not see, neither does the God of Jacob notice it.

8 Consider and understand, you stupid ones among the people! And you [self-confident] fools, when will you become wise?

9 He Who planted the ear, shall He not hear? He Who formed the eye, shall He not see?

10 He Who disciplines and instructs the nations, shall He not punish, He Who teaches man knowledge?

11 The Lord knows the thoughts of man, that they are vain (empty and futile--only a breath).

12 Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man whom You discipline and instruct, O Lord, and teach out of Your law,

13 That You may give him power to keep himself calm in the days of adversity, until the [inevitable] pit of corruption is dug for the wicked.

14 For the Lord will not cast off nor spurn His people, neither will He abandon His heritage.

15 For justice will return to the [uncompromisingly] righteous, and all the upright in heart will follow it.

16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?

17 Unless the Lord had been my help, I would soon have dwelt in [the land where there is] silence.

18 When I said, My foot is slipping, Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, held me up.

19 In the multitude of my [anxious] thoughts within me, Your comforts cheer and delight my soul!

20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with You--they who frame and hide their unrighteous doings under [the sacred name of] law?

21 They band themselves together against the life of the [consistently] righteous and condemn the innocent to death.

22 But the Lord has become my High Tower and Defense, and my God the Rock of my refuge.

23 And He will turn back upon them their own iniquity and will wipe them out by means of their own wickedness; the Lord our God will wipe them out.

<!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->
    TAKE NOTICE Ceci AND A WARNING. You Will Reap what you sow.
    <!-- m -->http://twitter.com/Ceciqueen4eva88<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.twitlonger.com/show/2kcq7t<!-- m -->
    On Monday 19th July 2010, @Ceciqueen4eva88 said:
    @thisisalmostit:

Hello, Elvis Presley! (Rolls Eyes)

Since you're BAMing with Michael, when are you coming back? So making us beLIEvers tweet about #FuckedUpElvisAndMJ is gonna make you come back, right? No? Why? Cause YOU ARE A SCAM ARTIST AND ONLY WANT VIEWS TO SOME STUPID WEBSITE TO MAKE MONEY? Huh? Is that what you said? You need to be clearer, Mr. Presley.And if the general public went to that Elvis/MJ shit, they would laugh at it, like The Sun laughed at Souza. And if you are BAMing/teaming up with MJ(which you're not, because you're dead), then you should be able to type the lyrics to "Black or White" correctly. Are you really Badkolo? Because you can't spell, right? But if you really meant that tweet, then are you racist? "It DOES matter if he's black or white?" Michael is for bringing all nationalities together, not separating them.

The truth is REVEALED. YOU tweeting about Elvis being alive, and the hoax site saying that too. You used to tweet Prince stuff,and now talking about that Elvis is alive. You are a stupid person, letting eveyone see the connections. Put down the bong and tweet some stuff that matters.

~~Ceci
    the latest

thisisalmostit If you're thinking of my brother it does matter if he's black or white

DNA ?
    thisisalmostit "When this understanding comes, the so-called minority becomes a majority in the wink of an eye"
    13 minutes ago via web
    Or, the race does not matter, if you are white or black, equal you are my brother <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Or, the race does not matter, if you are white or black, equal you are my brother <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Black and White <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> Good and Evil

Dualism

yin_yang.gif

It would matter then...
    If Serenitys_Dream,..good and evil, black and white philosophy
    youngatheart wrote:

thisisalmostit "When this understanding comes, the so-called minority becomes a majority in the wink of an eye"
    13 minutes ago via web

Or the challenges of utopia...

The lifecycle of these movements depends on its ability to generate knowledge and valid experiences; that is, how participants (people,we ) are intertwined, build, and become active thought that gives meaning to utopia.
    O minorities we, the believers? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • O minorities we, the believers? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Prince: The Rainbow Children

Family Name Lyrics

Welcome.
    U have just accessed the Akashic Records Genetic Information Division.
    This program is required 4 those wishing 2 obtain
    a marriage blessing from the kingdom.
    When U wish 2 begin this program, place your right hand
    on the scanner and tightly clench up your buttcheeks as U might feel a
    slight electrical shock.
    Please select the race history U desire.
    U have selected "African-American".
    This is your history:

First of all, the term "black and white" is a fallacy.
    It simply is another way of saying "this or that".
    Let's examine the term "this or that" in its ultimate form
    which is: "this" means the truth or "that" which is resistant 2 it.

When a minority realizes its similarities on a higher level
    not just "black", but "people of color", and higher still "indigenous", and even higher still, "from the tribe of", and yet higher:
    "The Rainbow Children".
    When this understanding comes, the so-called minority becomes a majority in the wink of an eye.
    This action will cause a reaction or resistance.
    The source of this resistance must be banished as it is in direct conflict with the initial action.
    It cannot be assimilated, 4 its very nature is resistance.
    In other words, one cannot serve 2 masters.
    U are either "this" or "that which is not this".

End of part one.
    2 continue, select the program "Family Name" and type in the
    current government name U wish history on.

London, England, sometime in the early 1600's:

We have the God-given right 2 run out of our colony anyone
    who does not bow down 2 our law
    Hear, hear!
    Hear, hear, exactly, that's what I said!
    [Say I'm from the ...]
    Hear hear, hear hear
    Aye, yes, aye, aye!

Come on, come on, keep it moving here
    Come on, now
    What's your name boy?
    Abu, Abu Cah
    Well, it ain't now, it's Tom Lynch

Mirror, mirror what U see?
    Have I still got those dark clouds over me?
    Or am I really feeling what I feel?
    The last days of the devil's deal
    Oh mirror, what U see?

Devil, devil what U know?
    U been here since 1914, but now U got 2 go
    U been hidin' behind corporate eyes
    U wanna war, but U can't fight
    Oh devil, oh, U got 2 go, yes sir!

Bridge...
    U might say, "what U mad about?"
    But U still got your family name
    Pleased 2 meet U, Mr. Rosenbloom
    I'll be John Blackwell just the same
    What's your family name?

Teacher, teacher what U say?
    Did we really come over in a boat?
    Did it really go down that way?
    Or did I arrive before U and ruin Thanksgiving Day?
    Oh teacher, oh, what U say?

Preacher, preacher is it true?
    That Jesus wants me 2 give my money 2 the likes of U?
    Ride around in your Lexus coupe
    Drive us 2 the cleaners in a pinstripe suit
    Oh preacher, that ain't truth!

The bridge, huh...
    U might say, "what U mad about?
    Pleased 2 meet U, Mr. Pearlman
    U can call me "Clay"
    Now can I play?

People, people what's your name?
    Maybe we should start all over
    Let everybody get in the game
    Put up a one-gloved fist
    Make a sound, Violet Brown

U might say "what U mad about?"
    Pleased 2 meet U Mr. Goldstruck

We found this tape in the Akashic records.
    This is Thomas Jefferson:

"My fellow Americans, if there is a just God, we're gonna pay 4 this!"

"Black men and White men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics
    will be able 2 join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:
    free at last, free at last, thank God almighty we are free at last!"
    http://www.dtt-lyrics.com/albums/trc.html

[youtube:2etij8mu]
    13 minutes ago via web

The truth will prevail.
    The truth, he never put attention to Prince <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • O minorities we, the believers? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    That is exactly what I thought of too!!!!!!!!!!!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    New tweet

thisisalmostit "Until we meet again, may God bless you as he has blessed me"
    about 2 hours ago via web
  • "Until we meet again, may God bless you as he has blessed me."
    Elvis Presley
    <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->

And we shall. Meet again. God willing

Peace
This discussion has been closed.