@thisisalmostit

Comments

• tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    this stuff is also associated with MONSANTO. google 'monsanto' and 'microchip' and you will get a bunch of stuff like this (this is from 2007!):

[youtube:2ustw6j7]

scared yet?

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    latest tweet: leon kompowsky

<!-- m -->http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Leon_Kompowsky<!-- m -->

interesting: the trivia - kompowksy was 'set to return later as prince' - another mike/ prince relation...what the heck is this supposed to be leading to?

• latest tweet: leon kompowsky

<!-- m -->http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Leon_Kompowsky<!-- m -->

interesting: the trivia - kompowksy was 'set to return later as prince' - another mike/ prince relation...what the heck is this supposed to be leading to?

Taken from the same link as above. I thought this was interesting - especially since this impersonator isn't discussed like E'Cas, etc. Kipp Lennon? Hmm..

Leon Kompowsky, in fact, was voiced by Michael Jackson (who, for contractual reasons, was credited as "John Jay Smith")[2] and his singing was done by Jackson impersonator Kipp Lennon. Kompowsky was set to later return, except this time as Prince, but the idea fell through.
  • Thanks for the info @tabloidburn and @voiceforthesilent. Yet another thing about Michael I did not know. I'm downloading the episode now and I can't wait to see it! The trivia "behind the scenes" is fascinating!
  • truthseekertruthseeker Posts: 219
    Kip Lennon and the group Venice made a song called Think Again:

This here's a story, I sing for you
    It may sound funny, but know it's true
    I hope you get it, before I'm through, I hope you do
    I miss the strawman, and dottie two
    I've heard the lyin', the tinman's blue
    I've seen the witches, both good and bad, I'm glad I had
    I held the rabbit, the rabbit died
    Talked to the preacher, the preacher lied
    I held my mother, my mother cried
    Cried for my father
    And so please don't talk about life to me
    I've seen more than most people my age have seen
    And there ain't no rules on how it's gotta be
    Think again
    Oh and please don't talk about love to me
    'Cause I've given love and I've received
    And you know I'm gonna love just who I please
    Think again
    I crossed an ocean and wrote this song
    A million people, but I can't find one
    I loved Katrina, but now she's gone, gone to my father
    This here's a story, I sing for you
    It may sound funny, but know it's true
    I hope you get it, before I'm through, I hope you do
    (Chorus)

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADL3WRSfwjI<!-- m -->

Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tinman, Rabbits! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->

Kat. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    [youtube:xjc4ujhx]
    @Ioma Thank you for embedding that. I've got a lot going on today. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

L.O.V.E. all.....
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    Anytime. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Latest tweet:

Cleaning house today

My thoughts:

Goodbye, Grace. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- m -->http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz ... Paris.html<!-- m -->

and
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purge<!-- m -->

L.O.V.E. to alll
  • I'm thinking more and more about stopping to follow this account. It's interesting, but sooo boring. Nothing is build. It goes everywhere with no end. I mean I sometime have the feeling that he's making research on google and when he finds something weird enough about Michael or Prince or social issue, he twitts it and let us make links that maybe even not exist !

I'm a bit fed up with this behaviour and I am actually fed up to read someone I don't even know the name !
  • MichelleMichelle Posts: 325
    Not sure if this connects in any way to thisisalmostit's latest tweet, but i find it at least strange, Timor's tweet 4 hours before thisisalmostit tweeted the cleaning thing:

'In rehearsals....today cleaning time...@La La land'
    'lala land'? what's that? but that makes it all the more weird that timor tweets 'cleaning' as well...this is confusing. and right: the tweets jump from trivia to expert knowledge. i still have no idea what to make fo it all but it does seem too related to 'news' sometimes. and then again not... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

i just got into the habit of googling the tweets or keywords and see what comes up. strange thing is that you get a mike-connection EVERY time and then it might be one that's not really too obvious. not the stuff you would find filed under 'michael jackson'. it kinda gets me how all this is still connected in a way, although the tweets seem random. like the tweets are forming a thread of sorts or leading up to something.

*sigh* back to my padded cell...

• GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    cleaning time @ la la land

la la land:
    1. A place renowned for its frivolous activity.
    2. A state of mind characterized by unrealistic expectations or a lack of seriousness.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/la-la-land

3. Los Angeles

Fits all together IMHO. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    But it's trivia.

4. http://www.lalalandrecords.com/
  • Latest tweet: "Learn from everyone, but follow no one".
    <!-- m -->http://www.ted.com/talks/scott_mccloud_on_comics.html<!-- m -->
    @grace: thx for the further info. never heard the term before, will check. i'm fryin' my brain finding more and more stuff and connections...just too effin' MUCH!!! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

latest tweet: ''Learn from everyone,but follow no one.'' goes on with: 'look for patterns, work like hell' - so it's only half the original quote

@mjintrigue: you were 2 minutes faster than me, i had the same link! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> when i submitted, yours came up, so i deleted mine.

i have no clue whatsoever anymore...this stuff goes from monsanto to the simpsons to prince back to mike to comics and whatnot...gaaahhh...

back to my padded cell...

• That's too funny @tabloidburn!!! LOL. I'm reminded of "Fated", MJ's and Gotham Chopra's comic book, due out in June. I can imagine that Michael enjoys the TED talks...they are very interesting. This talk has a certain "Michael-esque" quality. IDK. I probably will pass you on the way back to MY padded cell! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    For those, who can't perfectly understand english after hearing (myself too..... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ):

Learn from Everyone, Follow No One, Watch for Patterns, and Work like Hell

Scott McCloud, who is a comic strip artist that sometimes takes the medium and the ideas behind it in unexpected directions. Scott mentions four principles which is to examine how we can all become independent thinkers that sometimes learn socially, but remain true to ourselves and determine our own learning paths in a complex, rapidly changing world.

Scott’s four basic principles are:

1. Learn from Everyone
    2. Follow No One
    3. Watch for Patterns
    4. Work like Hell

These principles are simple, yet extremely powerful as a guiding philosophy for the self-directed learner in the 21st Century. Principle number one, learn from everyone, tells us that in a time when knowledge is becoming highly dynamic, we have to find ways to remain plugged in to streams of thought and we do this best by interacting socially with others and learning from them. For the self-directed learner, principle number two, follow no one is critical. Even though we must form connections to learn socially, we have to safeguard independent thought so that new ideas and perspectives can rise freely, assuring that our networks will continue to thrive with creativity and innovation. Principle number three is watching for patterns. Identifying patterns and being able to act quickly on that information will be one of the highly sought-after skills in the 21st Century. This skill always has been important, but in a rapidly changing world this skill becomes critical. The final principle, Work like Hell, is obvious and doesn’t need much explanation. Hard, focused, dedicated effort is what always separates the dreamers from the innovators. It is McCloud’s call to action.
    Together, these principles say it all. They are simple yet effective guidelines as we go about determining our personal learning paths and deciding how we will direct our own learning in a world of complexity.
    That's too funny @tabloidburn!!! LOL. I'm reminded of "Fated", MJ's and Gotham Chopra's comic book, due out in June. I can imagine that Michael enjoys the TED talks...they are very interesting. This talk has a certain "Michael-esque" quality. IDK. I probably will pass you on the way back to MY padded cell! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

*high-fivin' you in the hallway*

• darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    That's too funny @tabloidburn!!! LOL. I'm reminded of "Fated", MJ's and Gotham Chopra's comic book, due out in June. I can imagine that Michael enjoys the TED talks...they are very interesting. This talk has a certain "Michael-esque" quality. IDK. I probably will pass you on the way back to MY padded cell! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

*high-fivin' you in the hallway*

I watched TII as I cleaned-up my padded cell today. Yes, this account is very Michaelesque. Well, it is back to my padded cell for a rest! Blessings to all. xxxxxx
    New:

"Kind of galling when you realize that nutbags with cardboard signs had it right the whole time"

It's a quote from 2012....
    And again a new one:

'Acts 2'

But unfortunately i'm not good in interpreting the Bible, so need help guys! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    I am not about to give an interpretation of Acts 2 <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

But here it is:

Acts 2 (New International Version)

Acts 2

The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost

1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.
    5Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. 7Utterly amazed, they asked: "Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans? 8Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? 9Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs-we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!" 12Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, "What does this mean?"

13Some, however, made fun of them and said, "They have had too much wine."

Peter Addresses the Crowd

14Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning! 16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
    17" 'In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
    Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams.
    18Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
    and they will prophesy.
    19I will show wonders in the heaven above
    and signs on the earth below,
    blood and fire and billows of smoke.
    20The sun will be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood
    before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
    21And everyone who calls
    on the name of the Lord will be saved.'[c]
    22"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men,[d] put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25David said about him:
    " 'I saw the Lord always before me.
    Because he is at my right hand,
    I will not be shaken.
    26Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will live in hope,
    27because you will not abandon me to the grave,
    nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
    28You have made known to me the paths of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence.'[e]

29"Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ,[f] that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay. 32God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. 33Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,
    " 'The Lord said to my Lord:
    "Sit at my right hand
    35until I make your enemies
    a footstool for your feet." '[g]

36"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

37When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"

38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

40With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

The Fellowship of the Believers

42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

<!-- m -->http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV<!-- m -->
    unbelievable. i just tweeted you this...is this getting creepy here? now we're in the telepathy thing, or what?

*back to my padded cell, high-fiving y'all in the hallway*

• New:

"Kind of galling when you realize that nutbags with cardboard signs had it right the whole time"

It's a quote from 2012....

Oh, I hope that this quote is confirming that WE (the beLIEvers) are the "nutbags"!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    @truthseeker:
    just checked while i was allowed outta my padded cell for a hot sec. i had a different link but on the same church holiday, which was yesterday (pentecost or whitsunday) and is also a holiday still here in germany.

<!-- m -->http://bible.org/article/pentecostal-ex ... udy-acts-2<!-- m -->

This discussion has been closed.