TIAI January 21

Comments

• AKHTONIAKHTONI Posts: 325
    on 1329155171:
    <br /><br />@AKHTONI<;br /><br />The end of the world in a nutshell: YHWH/Yeshua will be destroying everyone who refuses to love (eachother and Him). A flood of fire will melt/destroy the old (2 Peter 3), he's making a new earth (i'm not sure if that means a different planet though), which his celestial city descends onto from the sky (Rev 21:1-2)<br /><br />I'm not aware if the bible says the physical ark on earth will be rediscovered; what I do know is that the physical ark and the functions that accompanied it were just a parallel of the "truth"/reality going on in the shamayim. The ark that is spoken of in the future is an ark located in the sky (Revelation 11:19).<br /><br />I think MsTrinity333's video addresses the "antichrist" and end times issue thoroughly (thank you for posting it btw). To reiterate one point that he made, "antichrist" isn't just alluding to that one "Prince" who will rise up at the "end times" against the Prince of Princes; that specific term ('antichrist') is used in four verses total, all in the books of John: <br /><br />
    [size=12pt]1 John 2:18[/size] (NIV)<br /><br /> [size=8pt]18[/size] [size=10pt]Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. [/size]
    <br /><br />
    [size=12pt]1 John 2:22[/size] (NIV)<br /><br />[size=8pt]22[/size] [size=10pt]Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.[/size]
    <br /><br />
    [size=12pt]1 John 4:3[/size]  (NIV)<br /><br />[size=8pt]3[/size] [size=10pt]but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.[/size]
    <br /><br />
    [size=12pt]2 John 1:7[/size] (NIV)<br /><br /> [size=8pt]7[/size] [size=10pt]I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.[/size]
    <br /><br />...anyone that denies Yeshua as the Messiah is considered "antichrist"; a competing Messiah is an antichrist, a person who doesn't believe Yeshua existed is considered "antichrist", a person who does believe Yeshua existed but does not believe that he is the Messiah would be considered "antichrist" as well.<br />
    <br /><br />Thank you for taking the time to answer me  bearhug
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Interesting that you bring up Luke 14, BTC. I was just studying it, inspired by the STUDYs old posts thread, convo re: Billy Jean/40 days n 40 nights, also the repeated theme of "room" references Billy Jean/Behind the Mask:<br /><br />"she called me to her room" -Billy Jean<br />"when I come to you/you're sitting in your room" -Behind the Mask<br /><br /> So I looked up "room" references in the Bible. I only found one, KJV Luke 14:7-10:<br /><br />
    7And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.<br /><br /> 8When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;<br /><br /> 9And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.<br /><br /> 10But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
    <br /><br />so I read the rest of Luke 14, and passages 14:1-6 are about the Sabbath:<br /><br />
    Luke 14<br /><br /> 1And it came to pass, as he went into the house of one of the chief Pharisees to eat bread on the sabbath day, that they watched him.<br /><br /> 2And, behold, there was a certain man before him which had the dropsy.<br /><br /> 3And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day?<br /><br /> 4And they held their peace. And he took him, and healed him, and let him go;<br /><br /> 5And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?<br /><br /> 6And they could not answer him again to these things.
    <br /><br />The rest of Luke 14 discusses, well at least my interpretation of it (and you can take that for what it's worth, lol), is that charity is more important then anything else in the eyes of God.<br /><br />I also found this interpretation, which I thought was interesting. You can read the whole thing here http://www.biblemeanings.info/Parables/Clowes/Wedding_Invitation.htm , but this part particularly perked my interest considering the current topic of convo here:<br /><br />
    Jesus Christ adds these further words of caution, And he that asked you and him come and say to you, Give this man place, and you begin with shame to take the lowest room. By the man here spoken of, is meant the more honourable man, by whom, according to the spiritual idea, is signified the principle of charity in relation to the principle of faith, or the principle of good in relation to that of truth. By giving this man place is, therefore, denoted, that the principle of faith, or truth, ought always to give place to the principle of charity or good; in other words, ought always to exalt the latter principles, so as to give them entire rule and pre-eminence. Jesus Christ, therefore, would teach us, by the above injunction, that the good of charity is the essential principle of His kingdom, and that faith, or truth, are only so far good as they conduct to the good of charity, and confirm it by giving it pre-eminence over themselves and over every other good. Give this man place is, therefore, an eternal law of salvation to all mankind, since salvation cannot possibly be attained until the good of charity is exalted above all the lower principles of what is called faith, or truth, or knowledge; whereas, whenever faith, and truth, and knowledge, submit themselves to the higher rule and government of charity, and thus to the highest rule and government of Jesus Christ, who dwells in charity as its essential life, in this case all the blessings of salvation are secured, because, in this case, man is admitted to the heavenly marriage, which consists in the conjunction of charity and faith in his purified bosom, and thus in his conjunction of life with the Living and Eternal God.<br /><br />The lowest room in the Kingdom of Heaven, or at the heavenly marriage, is that of those who act from principles of faith, or truth, alone, as the highest place belongs to those who act from principles of charity, or love and goodness, conjoined with faith, or truth.<br /><br />It is said, And you begin, with shame to take the lowest room. There are two kinds of shame; one originating in the opinions of men, which may be called natural shame; and the other originating in the opinion of God, which may be called spiritual shame. The shame here spoken of is of the latter description, consisting in a consciousness of having acted contrary to the divine opinion, or, what is the same thing, to the genuine truth of God's Most Holy Word, which is the shame of all those who exalt knowledge above the life of knowledge, fancying themselves wiser and better than others, merely because they abound in high speculations, and have their understandings overcharged with doctrines, articles of faith, and religious notions, whilst their hearts and lives are under the influence of worldly and selfish love, and as far from evangelical purity as those who are totally destitute of all knowledge of the eternal truth.<br /><br />Jesus Christ continues His divine counsel in these words, When you are invited, go and sit down in the lowest room, that when he that asked you comes, he may say to you, Friend, go up higher. We have already seen what is meant by being invited, and sitting down in the lowest room.<br /><br />By him that asked you, according to the spiritual idea, is to be understood the Almighty Himself, whose name is Jesus Christ, and who bids, or invites, to the heavenly marriage, the whole human race, by the instrumentality of His Holy Word or Spirit enlightening their understandings; and by His coming is meant His approach to man, and further manifestation of Himself in the power of holy love and charity in the will, to make His eternal abode with man. For the presence of Jesus Christ with man is two-fold, in his understanding and in his will; but this presence is never full, thus Jesus Christ is never said fully to come to man until He gains possession of the will, or love, of man, as well as of his understanding and thought.<br /><br />The words, He may say to you, Friend, go up higher, denote an internal dictate in the mind, instructing man, that when charity is exalted above faith, or goodness above truth, or, what is the same thing, the things of the will above those of the understanding, then man is accepted of his Maker, and admitted into the true order of His heavenly life and kingdom; for by the words, he may say to you, is signified an internal dictate in the mind of him to whom they are addressed; and by the term friend is denoted acceptance with the Almighty; and by going up higher is further denoted, an elevation into the heavenly world, which elevation takes place with all those who become the friends of God through the conjunction of charity and faith, or of goodness and truth; and since this conjunction is effected principally by keeping the commandments of God, therefore, Jesus Christ says to His disciples, You are my friends if you do whatsoever I command you.
    <br /><br />Maybe that's why Front said it doesn't matter if you're a religious person or not. Charity is a greater virtue in the eyes of God then pure Faith.<br /><br />
  • melodymelody Posts: 196
    bec, there must have been some divine intervention when you clicked search because there are 38 verses in the KJV speaking of "rooms" (according to biblegateway:http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=room&version1=9&searchtype=all&resultspp=100&displayas=long&sort=bookorder).  Yet you wound up at the same conclusion: charity/doing good/love matters most  :)<br /><br />I mentioned this before in the other forum, but tying this into The Sign's post: Noah's ark also had rooms and Yeshua said he was leaving to prepare rooms for his followers. Both Noah's ark and Yeshua are considered "arks of safety".<br /><br />
    [size=12pt]Genesis 6:14[/size] (NIV)<br />[size=8pt]14[/size] [size=10pt]So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out.[/size]
    <br /><br />
    [size=12pt]John 14:2[/size] (NIV)<br />[size=8pt]2[/size] [size=10pt]My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?[/size]
    <br /><br />John 14:2 in the KJV renders the word "mansions" instead of "rooms", but the greek word used there can mean "lodging, dwelling-place, room, abode, mansion." I think the KJV puts emphasis on the grandeur because comparing the word used for "rooms" in Gen 6:14 (besides it being hebrew), the word there means "nest, nestling, room", sounds small and the parallels illustrated on Earth are miniscule in comparison to what they actually foreshadow. I wonder what that will look like if for example only 1% of 7 billion people follow him, that's still like 70 million mansions/rooms  :shock:
    on 1329163796:
    <br />bec, there must have been some divine intervention when you clicked search because there are 38 verses in the KJV speaking of "rooms" (according to biblegateway:http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=room&version1=9&searchtype=all&resultspp=100&displayas=long&sort=bookorder).  Yet you wound up at the same conclusion: charity/doing good/love matters most  :)<br />
    <br /><br />Wow  :shock:
    Oh, randomly, from above: Wedding Invitation--Wedding Chapel--Michael's art revealed (conceptual design)--keys--Front last summer.<br /><br />
    8When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
    <br /><br />
    The invited, according to the sense of the letter, are all those invited to a natural feast, or wedding; but, according to the spiritual sense, are all those invited to a spiritual feast, or wedding; and since a spiritual feast, or wedding means conjunction of life and of love with Jesus Christ, and all are invited to such conjunction who receive the truths of God's Holy Word into their understandings, therefore, all such are here denoted by the invited.
    <br /><br />
    The lowest room in the Kingdom of Heaven, or at the heavenly marriage, is that of those who act from principles of faith, or truth, alone, as the highest place belongs to those who act from principles of charity, or love and goodness, conjoined with faith, or truth.
    <br /><br />He wanted to build that wedding chapel so his "fans" would have a place to get married at. Remember that? That always struck me as odd. If this is what he means, this whole thing is starting to make a lot more sense.<br /><br />Interesting.
  • on 1329169866:
    <br /><br /><br />
    [size=10pt]He wanted to build that wedding chapel so his "fans" would have a place to get married at. Remember that? That always struck me as odd. If this is what he means, this whole thing is starting to make a lot more sense.<br /> [/size]
    <br /><br />Interesting thought.<br /><br />Do you mean this chapel/monument?<br /><br />http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2011/08/michael_jacksons_art_revealed.php
    Yes, that's the one, everlasting.
  • BeTheChangeBeTheChange Posts: 1,569
    @melody...thanks SO much for taking the time to respond to my question about the Sabbath.  As mentioned, I've never 'kept' it and wasn't sure how to go about 'keeping' it...your answer has helped  ::P  I know myself (and my life) well enough to know that it's not gonna be instantaneous lol...I will have to work at it (old habits die hard lol).  But setting aside a day for myself and my children to focus on God and love and goodness sounds magical to me.  I greatly respect the fact that you do keep it....even though your family doesn't.  I think that's great!<br /><br />@bec...it's SO great to see you posting your findings, especially when they are Bible related  ::P  I enjoy reading all perspectives/interpretations....but I highly appreciate a (respectful) atheist point of view.  Your posts about the rooms (Luke) and the wedding were great...and we know Front has mentioned being busy preparing a 'feast' a few times (must be a big one cause it's taking forever lol).  <br /><br />I really liked the following quote you found:<br /><br />
    The lowest room in the Kingdom of Heaven, or at the heavenly marriage, is that of those who act from principles of faith, or truth, alone, as the highest place belongs to those who act from principles of charity, or love and goodness, conjoined with faith, or truth.
    <br /><br />I don't believe in a literal 'hell' because in order to believe in it, I'd have to concede that God is NOT all-loving...and that's just not my interpretation of God.  I'm not saying I KNOW I'm right...but it's what I believe.  BUT...I also believe that there are 'levels' (rooms) in Heaven and that some 'levels' are closer to God than others, with 'angels' comprising the highest levels.  I have no idea how many levels there are...nor what the 'requirements' are for each (if I had to guess....I'll be somewhere in the middle wishing I had done more---or less in some cases---so I could be higher lol).  <br /><br />In that sense, the quote suggests (to me) that although we ALL will end up at the same 'destination'....our life on Earth and all our choices here DO matter.  It ties in beautifully with the discussion we've been having about faith vs. works.  I've got a TON of faith (I've even got some extra if you need some  ;) )...but I know I fall short on the 'works' side of the equation.  And "I wants to go higher"  :lol:....so, I'm working on it  ::P<br /><br />Thanks again melody for your answer....thanks again bec for sharing...thanks TS for this thread....thanks The Sign for the post that triggered all this....and as always, thanks to God for all of the above.<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    My thoughts on the last few posts:<br /><br />Actions speak louder than words.<br />Walk the walk, don't just talk the talk.<br /><br />Isn't that the bottom line in all things 'religious'? It seems all too easy to get totally wrapped up in religious themes/interpretation/understanding for its own sake only, and still not see the bigger picture!<br /><br />(Just to be clear, I'm talking generally, as in 'world' - definitely not pointing any fingers 'here'!)<br /><br />
  • Maybe it's all a big ALLEGORY and bible references can stand as a symbol. I'm not at all armed to make bible discussions but I also know that the oldest parts in the bible are four or five thousand years old and sort of reliable, because at that times mankind had no 'written language' but paintings in the caves. That means 'wordly' traditions, learned by heart from generation to generation for threethousand years, with 'dying' languages, translation misses, new kings and variating emphasis on parts of the narrated contents. There are many sources of mistakes, modern bible research has identified different authors and languages - the job is extremely difficult. <br />http://www.google.se/books?hl=sv&amp;lr=&amp;id=lu6ywyJr0CMC&amp;oi=fnd&amp;pg=PP1&amp;dq=modern+bible+research+in+Israel&amp;ots=lRz4Jyg99E&amp;sig=N_KE_gmzx85-_h3A3ARdr7v0Is4&amp;redir_esc=y#v=onepage&amp;q=modern bible research in Israel&amp;f=false
    @bec...your posts about the rooms have sent me on a little 'side path' lol...and the scenery is great  ::P  I just read an interpretation of John 14:2 (which ties in with Luke's passage):<br /><br />"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."<br />John 14:2<br /><br />
    <br />It is commonly understood as affirming that in heaven there is ample room to receive all who will come; that therefore the disciples might be sure that they would not be excluded. Some have understood it as affirming that there will be different grades in the joys of heaven; that some of the mansions of the saints will be nearer to God than others, agreeably to 1 Corinthians 15:40-41.  But perhaps this passage may have a meaning which has not occurred to interpreters.<br /><br />Jesus was consoling his disciples, who were affected with grief at the idea of his separation. To comfort them he addresses them in this language: "The universe is the dwelling-place of my Father. All is his house. Whether on earth or in heaven, we are still in his habitation. In that vast abode of God there are many mansions. The earth is one of them, heaven is another. Whether here or there, we are still in the house, in one of the mansions of our Father, in one of the apartments of his vast abode. This we ought continually to feel, and to rejoice that we are permitted to occupy any part of his dwelling-place. Nor does it differ much whether we are in this mansion or another. It should not be a matter of grief when we are called to pass from one part of this vast habitation of God to another. I am indeed about to leave you, but I am going only to another part of the vast dwelling-place of God. I shall still be in the same universal habitation with you; still in the house of the same God; and am going for an important purpose - to fit up another abode for your eternal dwelling." If this be the meaning, then there is in the discourse true consolation. We see that the death of a Christian is not to be dreaded, nor is it an event over which we should immoderately weep. It is but removing from one apartment of God's universal dwelling-place to another - one where we shall still be in his house, and still feel the same interest in all that pertains to his kingdom. And especially the removal of the Saviour from the earth was an event over which Christians should rejoice, for he is still in the house of God, and still preparing mansions of rest for His people.<br /><br />If it were not so ... - I have concealed from you no truth. You have been cherishing this hope of a future abode with God. Had it been ill founded I would have told you plainly, as I have told you other things. Had any of you been deceived, as Judas was, I would have made it known to you, as I did to him."<br /><br />I go to prepare a place for you - By his going is meant his death and ascent to heaven. The figure here is taken from one who is on a journey, who goes before his companions to provide a place to lodge in, and to make the necessary preparations for their entertainment. It evidently means that he, by the work he was yet to perform in heaven, would secure their admission there, and obtain for them the blessings of eternal life. That work would consist mainly in his intercession, Hebrews 10:12-13, Hebrews 10:19-22; Hebrews 7:25-27; Hebrews 4:14, Hebrews 4:16.<br /><br />That where I am - This language could be used by no one who was not then in the place of which he was speaking, and it is just such language as one would naturally use who was both God and man - in reference to his human nature, speaking of his going to his Father; and in reference to his divine nature, speaking as if he was then with God.<br /><br />Ye may be also - This was language eminently fitted to comfort them. Though about to leave them, yet he would not always be absent. He would come again at the day of judgment and gather all his friends to himself, and they should be ever with him, Hebrews 9:28. So shall all Christians be with him. And so, when we part with a beloved Christian friend by death, we may feel assured that the separation will not be eternal. We shall meet again, and dwell in a place where there shall be no more separation and no more tears. <br />
    <br /><br />That led me to John 14:23 (which is linked to in the ^^^ interpretation):<br /><br />
    <br />23Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. <br /><br />25“All this I have spoken while still with you. 26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. <br /><br />28“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me, 31but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.<br /><br />“Come now; let us leave. <br />
    <br />New International Version 1984<br /><br />The bolded parts above have sent my mind on a roundabout lol.  Who is Jesus referring to...someone else or himself?  I guess it could be interpreted both ways...but it sounds to me like Jesus is talking about someone else that will be sent in His name by God to teach 'us' and remind 'us' of His words.  With that in mind...I then think about our whole experience here with this 'hoax'...the purpose of our involvement AND Mike's involvement in all this.  Who is who in this story? lol<br /><br />The parallels with this 'hoax' (now) and many Bible scriptures (then) are mindblowing....and how I WISH I knew the Bible more cause I'm sure there's many other parallels that we have yet to discover.  But what does it all mean???? lol  It's almost too good to be true at times....at other times it's scary lol (although I try to trust in Jesus' words to not be afraid....I cannot help but fear that I have not, and am not, pleasing Him <----is my greatest fear).  Is Mike 'the prince' or 'the counsellor' that's been sent in His name to teach and remind?  (I can think of one person who fits that 'role' in this story perfectly...makes me wonder who TS is).  But if so...why are WE the only ones in the audience? lol  <br /><br />That little voice of 'caution'/doubt is still there for me....not about God and not about Mike....but about all 'this'.  There is still moments where I'm 'careful' with allowing myself to fully believe in and trust that everything I'm experiencing here is unfolding according to His plan.  If I go solely by the Bible....it 'feels' like an awakening is taking place as He foretold it would.  Therein lies that leap of faith....that I (we) am not being led 'astray'....but instead being led to that 'room' and 'feast' that He has been busy preparing. (Is Front helping Him? lol Cause Front's been busy preparing something for quite awhile now lol.  Which leads me to wonder, then who is Front in this story?)<br /><br />Or is this all one big mindf*ck?  But if it is....WHY???  If it was 'sinister'...would we be being led to God and to love and to awakening?...which is exactly where I 'feel' we are being led (it's what I am experiencing and seeing on this journey).  That thought brings comfort to my sometimes discombobulated mind lol.  In the moments when I can fully transcend my 'ego' (which includes the fear of being 'deceived')....I KNOW that if the 'end goal' of all 'this' is a better understanding and closeness with God/love (big picture)....then the 'means' to getting there are justified (and much appreciated, even when difficult to understand).<br /><br />I, too, long for that day of transformation...that day of knowing.  Until that day...I'll just continue to bask in the scenery....it's breathtaking.<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
    @BTC, good point about Front and his frequent references to offering us food.<br /><br />I don't think you should live life trying to "please" anyone, god or Michael. Doing what's right or spreading positivity shouldn't be completed in order to strike favor with any one or any thing. The reward to be sought is within your own soul.
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    on 1329323794:
    <br />@BTC, good point about Front and his frequent references to offering us food.<br /><br />I don't think you should live life trying to "please" anyone, god or Michael. Doing what's right or spreading positivity shouldn't be completed in order to strike favor with any one or any thing. The reward to be sought is within your own soul.<br />
    <br /><br /> /bravo/<br />Well said bec! Thank you!<br />Have a beautiful day!<br />LOVE<br /><br />@BTC.........awesome side adventure of a post as well...... /bravo/ Thank you!<br /><br />Blessings to you both.....you're great!<br />
    on 1329323794:
    <br />@BTC, good point about Front and his frequent references to offering us food.<br /><br />I don't think you should live life trying to "please" anyone, god or Michael. Doing what's right or spreading positivity shouldn't be completed in order to strike favor with any one or any thing. The reward to be sought is within your own soul.<br />
    <br /><br />Bec...I SO appreciate you and your point of view and I fully 'get it' from your perspective (which you have always stated is an atheist one).  For me (someone who does believe in God)...when all is said and done, the ONLY one that I WANT to please is God (He is the most important one to me...I believe that if everyone lived their lives in a way that pleased God, the world would be a much better place...and a very different one).  It goes back to following the 10 commandments or God's 'guidelines' and whether or not one sees that as a 'chore' or burden....or whether one gladly tries to follow His wishes because we DO want to please Him....because we believe in Him and love Him (I think Jesus says somewhere (lol...sorry I don't know where)...that one cannot love God truly and NOT try to follow His wishes).  It doesn't mean God doesn't love us (IMO God's love in UNconditional)...but do we love God unconditionally (i.e. if we truly loved God unconditionally, none of His wishes/laws/guidelines would be 'burdensome', although they may be 'difficult').  But this, of course, is my perspective....and I do appreciate and respect yours.<br /><br />You once made a comment about being 'envious' of people who do believe in God....I'm paraphrasing here and trying to be accurate about what you said...but your reasoning was along the lines of that it must bring 'comfort' in dealing with the 'hoax' (I believe you were referring to the 'faith' component).  I do agree with you....knowing/feeling God, in any measure is a thing of beauty....but I can also say that there have been many times where I envied atheists....because 'they' didn't feel they had to please anybody.  For a believer (well, at least for me)...living up to God's wishes is no easy task....it's not impossible, but not always easy (although some 'laws' are much easier to follow than others).  Because of my love for God....I DO want to please Him...and I KNOW what would please Him (He told us what would lol)....and I KNOW that I've fallen short time and time again.  The 'trick' I'm learning (but sometimes struggle with) is to not let my past 'mistakes' or my fear of disappointing him 'cloud' the time I have left (at its core, it involves fully trusting and believing in His unconditional love for me...and that's part of my personal journey)....not because I want to 'win favor' with Him but simply because I love Him and therefore want to please Him.  In pleasing Him....I am pleased.  In being pleased, everyone around me will feel the ripples.<br /><br />An open desire....not a troublesome chore.<br /><br />Thanks again for your perspective bec...our perspectives may differ in some regards, but the overall message/belief, IMO, is very much alike.<br /> <br />With L.O.V.E. always.
    On a side note....The Sign posted the first of seven signs on January 21st.  I believe it was MJonmind who divided up the seven signs over the course of the year (since TS said we'd get all the signs this year)...and it worked out to every 52 days or so.  And although I know we'll all know soon enough when the next sign will come....we also know that TS' posting dates have always been 'calculated' and planned.  So, I can't help but wonder (and look forward) when the next sign will come.  <br /><br />The 1st of 7 signs was posted on Jan (1) 21st (777)...I'm wondering if the 2nd of 7 will be on Feb (2) 21st (777)...the 3rd of 7 on Mar (3) 21st (777), etc...leading up to, and ending, in JuLIVE lol (where Back's 'calendar' seemed to end lol)....topped off with a BAM ('see you in July') ::P<br /><br />I know...no use in speculating, we'll know soon enough.  But the thought makes me wanna dance  penguin/<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
  • One of the dominant topics among prophecy buffs is the identity of the coming leader, whom we call "the Antichrist." We know from Daniel 9 that he will emerge out of the Roman Empire, which we often presume is Western Europe. However, we may have been subject to myopia by overlooking an important fact. The Roman Empire had an eastern leg that, in fact, survived the western leg by a thousand years!<br /><br />This is an excerpt from Dr. Chuck Missler's Q and A session following his Strategic Perspectives presentation in Geelong Australia on Friday 3rd July 2009.<br />Here, he addresses the mark of the beast spoken of in the book of Revelation and it's possible ties to Islam and Allah. Certainly worth investigating. It's important to note he's not the only one who has questioned this possible connection...  Just something to ponder since the coming Anti-Christ that will wield world power (NWO) will be an Assyrian according to the Bible.<br />
    <br /><br />There are startling parallels between the Anti-Christ and the coming Mahdi...<br />http://www.666soon.com/is_the_mahdi_connected_to_the_an.htm<br /><br />http://www.babylonforsaken.com/mahdi.html<br /><br />http://answering-islam.org/Authors/JR/Future/ch05_comparing_the_biblical_antichrist.htm<br />
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Did we ever talk Nostradamus?<br /><br />
    <br />X 74<br /><br />The year of the great seventh number accomplished, <br />It will appear at the time of the games of slaughter, <br />Not far from the age of the great millenium, <br />When the dead will come out of their graves. <br /><br /><br />X 75<br />Long awaited he will never return in Europe.<br />He will appear in Asia;<br />One of the league issued from great Hermes,<br />He will grow above all other powers in the Orient.<br /><br /> (In Greek mythology, Hermes is the messenger of the gods.) <br /> Nostradamus repeatedly used images that have appeared inIsaiah, the Book of Daniel, the Gospels and the Book of Revelation.  Many of his quatrains depict a cataclysm as great as that prophesied in the Bible. But unlike prophets of doom, he also envisages the end of all struggle. <br /><br /> Jesus promised that he would return, and since that day, Christians have been waiting, unsure of the time when that would take place.  The words of Revelation are perplexing, so Christians are urged to always be aware and attentive to the voice of the spirit. <br /> Nostradamus prophesied that Christ would come from the East, not Europe, where be has been long awaited, and that his influence would be felt by everyone. He will come as the standard by which past and present will be judged, and as well as being a judge, be will have the heart of a father.  He will be a messenger from God, and his appearance will herald the great Resurrection ("when the dead will come out of their graves").  Nostradamus puts this as happening not far from the year 2000, and as "the year of the great seventh number accomplished." <br />
    <br />http://www.euro-tongil.org/swedish/english/enostra1.htm<br /><br /> :shock: <br />
  • on 1329204550:
    <br />My thoughts on the last few posts:<br /><br />Actions speak louder than words.<br />Walk the walk, don't just talk the talk.<br /><br />Isn't that the bottom line in all things 'religious'? It seems all too easy to get totally wrapped up in religious themes/interpretation/understanding for its own sake only, and still not see the bigger picture!<br /><br />(Just to be clear, I'm talking generally, as in 'world' - definitely not pointing any fingers 'here'!)<br />
    <br /><br />The bottom line in LIFE comes down to the 2 lines above I underlined. Take away my or anyone's belief in God/Jesus/Holy Spirit and it does come down to those 2 principles for me no matter what. I scratched out the religion part because like I said it is LIFE that the bottom line makes it important. I wish I could wave a magic wand and erase everyone's bad experience with religion. I want people to feel good about themselves and their lifes regardless of the faith they believe in.  ;)
  • skywaysskyways Posts: 745
    hi @everlastinglove -- JUST REFFERING TO YOUR PIC OF MJ UNDER CHAPPEL ROOF STATUE.<br />:))<br />Do you mean this chapel/monument?<br /><br />http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2011/08/michael_jacksons_art_revealed.php[/color]<br />[/quote]
  • skywaysskyways Posts: 745
    on 1329171316:
    <br />
    on 1329169866:
    <br /><br /><br />
    [size=10pt]He wanted to build that wedding chapel so his "fans" would have a place to get married at. Remember that? That always struck me as odd. If this is what he means, this whole thing is starting to make a lot more sense.<br /> [/size]
    <br /><br />Interesting thought.<br /><br />Do you mean this chapel/monument?<br /><br />http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2011/08/michael_jacksons_art_revealed.php<br />
    <br /><br /><br />HA_HA@@<;br /><br />CHURCH AND ROCK-AND-ROLL ANYONE???<br /><br /><br />L>O>V>E KENNY comments<br />)<br />Do you mean this chapel/monument?<br /><br />http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2011/08/michael_jacksons_art_revealed.php[/color]<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I have known people who are not religious and they are more friendly, generous, humanitarian, sensitive, tolerant that many who say they are very religious.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    on 1329347920:
    <br />
    on 1329204550:
    <br />My thoughts on the last few posts:<br /><br />Actions speak louder than words.<br />Walk the walk, don't just talk the talk.<br /><br />Isn't that the bottom line in all things 'religious'? It seems all too easy to get totally wrapped up in religious themes/interpretation/understanding for its own sake only, and still not see the bigger picture!<br /><br />(Just to be clear, I'm talking generally, as in 'world' - definitely not pointing any fingers 'here'!)<br />
    <br /><br />The bottom line in LIFE comes down to the 2 lines above I underlined. Take away my or anyone's belief in God/Jesus/Holy Spirit and it does come down to those 2 principles for me no matter what. I scratched out the religion part because like I said it is LIFE that the bottom line makes it important. I wish I could wave a magic wand and erase everyone's bad experience with religion. I want people to feel good about themselves and their lifes regardless of the faith they believe in.  ;)<br />
    <br /><br />LIFE and how we live it is what's important - exactly the point I was trying to make Im_convinced! I want people to feel good about themselves and their lives too, but I would add - regardless of whether they have a religious faith/belief or none at all. I want people to stop judging others and to accept/embrace our differences, but to do that I suspect requires a level of self-confidence and comfort in one's own skin that most do not have. It seems that we, as humans, generally feel threatened or vulnerable in the face of difference. If I could wave a magic wand that's what I'd change.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    I think it's time for The Sign 2. But TS doesn't have it ready yet.
  • on 1329352540:
    <br />I have known people who are not religious and they are more friendly, generous, humanitarian, sensitive, tolerant that many who say they are very religious.<br />
    <br /><br />Yes, this has been the same for me in my life.  Some of my family (now deceased) were very religious but at the same time not actually very pleasant people.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    [size=10pt]Paula-c[/size]<br />
    [size=10pt]I have known people who are not religious and they are more friendly, generous, humanitarian, sensitive, tolerant that many who say they are very religious.[/size]
    <br />[size=10pt]That’s because trying to keep laws to please Someone in fear, CAN cause people to become judgmental, critical of themselves and others, paranoid, obsessed, prejudiced, fearful, unloving, bigoted, and narrow-minded.[/size]<br /><br />[size=10pt]Melody[/size]<br />
    [size=10pt]The end of the world in a nutshell: YHWH/Yeshua will be destroying everyone who refuses to love (eachother and Him)…[/size]<br />[size=10pt]...anyone that denies Yeshua as the Messiah is considered "antichrist"; a competing Messiah is an antichrist, a person who doesn't believe Yeshua existed is considered "antichrist", a person who does believe Yeshua existed [/size]butdoes not believe that he is the Messiah would be considered "antichrist" as well...<br />[size=10pt]I wonder what that will look like if for example only 1% of 7 billion people follow him, that's still like 70 million mansions/rooms  [/size]<br />
    <br /><br />[size=10pt]This is the orthodox teaching.  So that would mean 6,930,000,000 anti-christs who either burn in hell or will be destroyed, because they did not love Jesus back. That’s only the people living, so maybe double that for all history, almost 14 billion with that fate.  What kind of a God would do that? That is truly what Jesus and the Bible seem to teach eg. "Narrow is the way, and few there be that find it, and broad is the road to destruction."  [/size]<br /><br />[size=10pt]Think of 1 Corinthians 13 again, and the many times God is referred to as Father. NO earthy father would ever do that to his children. No, there is a hidden bigger picture, somehow, someway in which ALL are saved and all receive faith. You just have to believe that God is truly a LOVING God, who loves us unconditionally, but wants to teach us lessons of life.[/size]<br /><br />[size=10pt]The Bible teaches also in "whispers" that all will be saved.  Just like the thief on the cross at the last second, just like the workers in the vineyard who are hired much later, still get the same payment as the ones hired early in the day. I could go on and on. Jesus the good shepherd went to find the 1 lost sheep out of the 99 that were fine, so that ALL would be saved. He found the sheep--the sheep didn't find the Shepherd.  Isaiah 57:1; Matthew 18:12-14  Just like Michael's death hoax is found by reading between the lines, the message that ALL will be saved is through-out the Bible, but not obvious-- intentionally.[/size]<br /><br />http://www.tentmaker.org/inspirationals/ninetynine.html<br />http://www.tentmaker.org/<br />http://www.martinzender.com/clanging_gong/archives/Volume1-Issue40.pdf<br />http://www.martinzender.com/clanging_gong/archives/archives.htm <br /><br />And Michael and Front have come to show us that there is "One religion of love"!